This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Newcastle United's new manager is... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: Newcastle United's new manager is...
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was watching Sky Sports News about half an hour ago. Thousands were gathered outside St James' Park.

The first guy who was asked for his reaction turned out to be from County Laois. He was literally vibrating with excitement at the idea of Keegan coming back. His horrible accent made me ashamed to be Irish.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair lieutenant, the reasons why "thousands were gathered outside St James' Park" might be because, like, they've got an actual game tonight.

I would love it, love it, if they lost it.

Etc

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh right. I thought their replay was tomorrow night for some reason.

I keep thinking today is Tuesday.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shearer definitely ruled himself in just then on BBC.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I keep thinking today is Tuesday.
Doctor and the Medics?
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Thanks Harry, but what is 'this kind of thing?'

Internet chumminess.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. For all the talk of delayed kick-off and Geordies flocking to the game and the ground being sold out, tonight's crowd is... 35,000. So just the 17,000 spaces then.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's days like these it's OK being a Spurs fan. There's always a comedy club trying harder.
Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remarkable stuff to watch (just now on MOTD extra). The one guy turning up generates a tidal wave of feelgood adrenaline on and off the pitch. I can't think when I've seen anything else quite like it. On paper it should be a jarringly retrograde step. In the flesh it might by itself be the catalyst for Newcastle at least to find their way again.

I am, at least, delighted for James Milner. It was great to see Keegan applauding him scoring exactly the sort of goal he's cut out to get, marauding through the centre rather than all this mucking about on the touchline. Keegan is probably the ideal man to reveal what Milner can really do, though the central defenders are probably already outside Keegan's door looking for bonuses for working anti-social hours in highly stressful conditions.

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I long for the day that there will be at least one dissenting voice on MOTD. A unanimous thumbs-up from the panel this evening. Obviously, Shearer wasn't going to offer anything interesting, but Lee Dixon, as a supposed Manchester City fan, may at least have offered a reminder of Keegan's less-than-exhilarating spell there. Ah well.
Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I dream it, or did Keegan bring in Lawrenson as a defensive coach during his first spell at Newcastle?

If not, I need to eat more cheese before bedtime, as that's a pretty dull dream.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all a bit Barnestoneworth United this, isn't it? "Six nil! Six bloody nil!" Then they get back the boys from the old days and all is well again. A Michael Palin Ripping Yarn is in the offing.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Keegan bought in Lawrenson as defensive coach, during his tenure as such he (at least as I heard it related) did absolutely nothing beyond setting out cones and handing out bibs. Much like Terry Mac's job as "buffer" between the players and Souness and the squad (read bookie's runner.)

And Lawrenson has the gall to be dismissive of Keegan's (semi-mythical) defensive record. And if his predictions were anything to go by, we would be in the Blue Square North by now. The man's an arse!

Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Good God. How did this Ashley fellow make a billion pounds for himself.
By flogging cheap polyester sportswear at massively inflated prices to millions of northerners.

Apparently they were queuing round the block at St. James Park tonight to buy, er, replica Newcastle shirts with "Keegan" written on the back.

Genius! Put him in charge of the NHS, Mr Brown!

[ 16.01.2008, 23:20: Message edited by: Rogin the Armchair fan ]

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Send in the KKlowns

Plan A:

Sack Sam, get Arfur Daley on recommendation of mate.

Plan B:

Cast around in growing desperation. Get man who bored Liverpool fans to death.

Unplanned C:

Get caught in tide of media fuelled hysteria and end up with KK.

Plan D:

In reaction to Unplanned C start planting stories we approached KK in summer, wanted him all along, never thoguht he was available, what a lucky break he was, relive the dream.

Plan E:

Pray.

Kudos to SR for scuppering Garcia's 1000 thread hopes.

Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC