This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » I'm scared of tomorrow. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I'm scared of tomorrow.
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not in general, but specifically tomorrow.

I can't remember feeling more scared about a Sheffield derby than the one tomorrow.

On the face if it shouldn't be that bad - we're playing shit, but then so are they; we're not really expecting much, they probably are.

However, I think tomorrow could be a humilation though, something for them to avenge 1979. I know Robson has been playing exciting football away from home, playing 4-5-1 and looking for one nil wins, hoping for a Beattie goal 10 minutes from time, but I'm sure he wouldn't play that way at Hillsborough against possibly the worst back four in the division would he?

Beattie is injured too I believe, which will leave Hulse and Sharp up front, more than a match for our creaking defence, and I can't see our attack troubling them, especially as I suspect Jeffers and Sodje will still be out.

Anyway, a draw would be nice.

The only positive I can think of a United win would be that it might pursuade them to keep Captain Marvel on for longer to waste some more of that parachute money.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing to do is get absolutely steaming drunk well before it starts. That's what Im doing, anyway.

wednesday games that have been live on tv in Finland since I moved here: 4

Games wednesday have lost, and I have watched: 3

The other game, the one I missed, was the 3-2 win at Elland Road.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this game is on telly here too. Which means ad hoc is probably also going to get it, and that Wednesday are going to lose....

[ 18.01.2008, 09:32: Message edited by: Bomb A Nero ]

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off on the top of the mountain with the children, so won't be watching it and will be relying on SMS updates from noj. This is possibly a good thing.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To make things worse this in on at 12:45, so it's going to set the tone for the whole fucking day, and indeed the whole fucking weekend. A dose of bolovirus has put me off the booze, so I can't even watch it in the way God intended man to watch games featuring Sheffield United. I'm with noj - a draw would leave me relieved.

That said, I'm not sure if we're quite the worst back 4 in the division, Scunny's or even Coventry's looks worse. What has disappointed me is Laws's reluctance to strengthen that area - instead we get a below average defensive midfielder like Wallwork. I know we're skint, but Laws really has shown precious little imagination in the transfer market.

[ 18.01.2008, 10:15: Message edited by: Lieutenant Dub ]

Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boys, boys, your reverse psychology is not going to tempt me to take my guard down and neither does it increase the odds on your emerging victorious one decimal point in case you were hoping. With the state of both teams, a potential quagmire to play on and the usual derby nerves I confidently expect this to be the worst game of the season. As for a result I would welcome anything that hastens the departure of the man marvel.....except perhaps defeat to you lot.
Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, ghe, our chances of emerging victorious (or even drawtorious) rest solely on the shoulders of one man. Step forward Bryan, and do us proud.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seeing that Robson's way of management at Sheffield United is to buy or loan lots of Premiership footballers (his mooted targets recently have nearly all been top-flight 'experience'), is it unjust to assume that his grand plan is to assemble a Premiership-manque team with a view to swat away those pesky Championship squads without needing to put in a hard job 'managing' them and just let them do the work, whilst sitting back and gaining the plaudits for his managerial genius?
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think your chances of Robbo doing the job for you are slightly diminished by the early kick off time, there's a chance he'll still be sleeping Friday night off, at best the game will be a blur to him. By 3 O'clock he would be fully in charge.
Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared of Friday.
Job interview at 9.

Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

Is this interview at 9 this evening or is this board experiencing a strange shift in the time/space continuum?

[ 18.01.2008, 11:24: Message edited by: glass half empty ]

ad hoc
Member # 52

Or has me actually missed this interview? In which case I don't like his chances.
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noj _ I think your prayers have been answered, I saw on Sky last night that the lumbering useless wanker that is Ugo Ehiogu was joining the Blades. So if he plays, I wouldn't be too worried. From what I saw of him in our defence last season, when I am 82 and have trouble with walking without sticks, I would still be first to the ball, beat him and leave him on his arse eating my OAP dust...
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

Or indeed has the interview already taken place and proved so traumatic, that the memory of it has already been blanked out? Just left with an irrational fear of Fridays.
ad hoc
Member # 52

From what I saw of him in our defence last season, when I am 82 and have trouble with walking without sticks, I would still be first to the ball, beat him and leave him on his arse eating my OAP dust...

Ah, but what if you were Leon Clarke?

[ 18.01.2008, 11:28: Message edited by: ad hoc ]

boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm scared of Sunday - we're on the telly again.
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC