This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Three Hundred Thousand (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Three Hundred Thousand
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It took us twenty five years to do it, but by George if Brighton haven't hit the big time again.

Maybe one day, we'll match the half a million we paid for Andy Ritchie.

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a free ticket available to watch big-money Murray make his Withdean debut tomorrow afternoon against Crewe.

PM please if you want it.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've just signed Elder from you chaps for the equally staggering (for us) fee of 35,000. Any words on how he may fare in a standard of awful League 2 teams?

[Edit] And I doubt the Bees will come remotely near the 850,000 we paid for Hreidarsson in 1998.

[ 01.02.2008, 17:35: Message edited by: Heston Bee ]

Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

- posted      Profile for goldstone97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty hard to say, given he barely started a match for the Albion, and none that I ever saw.

We sold Hammond for 250,000 this week too, so we've almost made back that record outlay.

Posts: 1418 | From: not the friendly confines | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heston Bee
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for Heston Bee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The boy done good, he scored the winner on his debut today.
Posts: 1493 | From: Loondoon | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

Our boy done good today too, Murray scored twice in a 3-0 win.
The Toys R Us Stadium
Member # 1306

- posted      Profile for The Toys R Us Stadium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a complete waste of money eh?
Posts: 74 | From: Hove, actually. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldstone97
Member # 4318

A 0-0 draw today at Forest means the clash with Leeds this weekend takes on even greater significance in the enthralling League One playoffs hunt.

I'm considering flying home for the playoffs if we make it, though somehow I feel that would guarantee failure, and even thinking about it is probably dangerous.

garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought this was a mike ashley thread.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen Glen Murray play a couple of times and he looks like a very good signing.

Slightly off-topic, but I'll ask it here anyway - is there some sort of history between Brighton & Swindon? I can't think if anything off the top of my head, but there was a massive police presence around the railway station on Saturday morning.

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its a bit early to start pre: match mind games Goldstone ha ha ha...
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twohundredpercent, there was a bit of trouble after the Brighton v Swindon play-off match in 2004, and some bitterness remains about the pitch invasion at the end of that match. I, for example, would even prefer Leeds to get promoted than Brighton. Leeds!

However, I think the police presence was probably due to the fact that an away game in a seaside town on a holiday weekend (no matter how cold) brings out the pondlife element of our support. I've been to the Withdean a couple of times before and didn't fancy the 22.50 entrance fee this time, but a couple of friends who went confirmed that there was a section of scumbags in the Swindon end (open goal for Boris) bragging about their banning orders and chanting about the BNP.

Swindon, by the way, are going to get relegated if they don't stop losing football matches.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear me. How very silly. We assumed that they were playing Millwall, such was the amount of Burberry and Stone Island on display at The Railway Tavern, but there didn't seem to be any trouble.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to hoof the ball upfield instead, BDG. We've all got scumbag elements, and Oxford's are as bad as Swindon's - it takes two to rumble.

Do you really think Swindon might go down? That would be nice.

Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we are playing like dogs and have a tough run-in. I honestly can't see where our next points are coming from. Our last two matches are away to Gillingham and home to Millwall, which could well decide whether we'll still be two divisions above Oxford or just the one.

The knives are out for Maurice Malpas already.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC