This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » We're caught in a Trap (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: We're caught in a Trap
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that basically though he just wants everyone to htink that he's a nice guy or something.
i think so. 3 million euros = less than a day's income for o'berlusconi last year. the comments on the irish independent site explain why he is doing it. it's a comparatively cheap way of getting good publicity.

he also paid expenses for the cricket team last year when they unexpectedly got through the group phase of the world cup.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was also the patron of the Special Olympics when it was hosted here in 2003.

It's all bread and circuses at the end of the day, Brian.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tardelli was the manager who shitcanned robbie keane at inter.

he doesn't look quite so cool these days:

-

[ 14.02.2008, 17:38: Message edited by: garcia en dolor ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so looking forward to Colm getting all excited about having an old Italian grump manage his national team and have them play catennacio...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
What, like they were Real Madrid 1960 before Trappatoni?
Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We played some fairly nice stuff between 1998 and 2002.

The Trap era is likely to visually resemble the Brian Kerr years, except hopefully with fewer equalisers being conceded. I'm expecting most of these World Cup games to be fairly painful to watch though.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
tardelli was the manager who shitcanned robbie keane at inter.
this just jeeps on getting better

trigger the pundit is on tv3 doing analysis, going on about how forlan has improved since his move from man utd to madrid, and how he's done well there and continues to score for them this season. he deserves every euro tv3 pay him. he was less than enthusiastic about trap ("antonio trapattoni"), worrying that trap wouldn't understand "culture and stuff"

[ 14.02.2008, 20:36: Message edited by: bryannavaro ]

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wikipedia:

quote:
On 14th February 2008, Tardelli confimed that he will be on the Republic of Ireland national football team coaching staff when Giovanni Trapattoni takes over as manager in May. Tardelli is likely to act as Trapattoni's assistant. With Liam Brady soon to be appointed as another assistant, the holy trinity of football coaching will be complete.

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tardelli has been a rather grumpy pundit for RAI for the last several years. I would be surprised if he has seen more than half of the Republic's current starting XI play live.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am excited about the Irish football team for the first time in years.
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll just settle for not being actively depressed about the irish team for a while, before I start getting my hopes up.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
could someone send me the pm please.
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me too
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 588

You are marvin the paranoid android aicmfp
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He looks like Marvin only slightly paler...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC