This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Choose my TFC home game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Choose my TFC home game
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, not definite, but I now have a date for my cousin's wedding, which is Saturday 16 August. So for a home game at the BMO Field I would have the choice of:

Sat 9 August vs Colorado Rapids

or

Sat 23 August vs. New England Revolution

Which would you recommend?

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Revolution, definitely. A better team, and we have marginally more history with them. Beat us 3-0 twice, then we had a thrilling last day encounter in which Danny Dichio scored the second-best goal of the year in Toronto (after the one my son's friend scored in the cup final last September) to tie the game in extra time. Vaguely realistic MBM of the event available here Plus you can good and properly outraged watching Taylor Twellman, who, as goldstone will tell you, pisses off all right-thinking MLS fans.

Whereas with Colorado, you get a boring team whose main point of interest is that its owner is just about the only thing standing between Arsenal and an Uzbek hell.....

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... of course, if you go to the Colorado game we could meet up for a pint (if you felt so inclined) as I have tickets to that match (one unspoken for as I type this up - nudge-nudge).
Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought from the thread title you were off to Toulouse there, Ton Ton.

As you were.

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's an offer, eh? Of course, I could always think about a two-week option...
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jefe
Member # 874

- posted      Profile for jefe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New England. By far New England. Now that Colorado's traded for DC's playmaker they will be less painful to watch, but still New England.
Posts: 1511 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

Colorado Rapids were my first MLS team, I bought my nephew a shirt of theirs many years ago. Never saw them or anything.

But "Revolution" is a good thing.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC