This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » When saturday comes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When saturday comes...
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nothing will happen because the match will be postponed.

FC United have played five matches in 2008. Three league games, and two in the cup. We've now played 23 games in the league, while other teams have played 30. We have five games in hand on Skelmersdale, the league leaders.

Tonight we are due to play Chorley in one of our games in hand. To make sure the pitch was in the best possible condition, Bury's ground staff placed not one, but two frost sheets down. Except, according to the latest update, frost managed to penetrate both. There's an inspection late morning, but as it's still below zero in Bury, there's no chance of the game taking place.

I've just looked out our fixture list. Even if we get knocked out of both cup competitions in the next rounds, we have to play seventeen fixtures in the last two months of the season. And that's not taking in to account any further rescheduling of fixtures. If we continue to progress in the Copa del Presidente and the Manchester Premier Cup, that number could go up to twenty games. All to be played between Saturday and 26th April - the end of the season.

We're fucked.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Typical big club, complaining about fixture congestion.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And there's us swanning off to Germany for a mid-season 7-a-side friendly competition as well. I suppose we can't expect any sympathy.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20 games in 11 weeks, 2 games a week. It's not *that* bad is it?

The super spurs currently have 14 fixtures in the diary (plus an extra 2 weeks), this could increase by 5 fixtures if we get to the final of the Uefa Cup.

Chelsea currently have 15 fixtures, with potentially 5 more in the Champs League and 2 in the FA cup.

Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

How is it 11 weeks from 1 March to 26th April?
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Also Spurs and Chelsea get an extra month to fit their fixtures in. We're done and dusted long before you guys.
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 weeks. And it looks like there's an international fixture in there too.
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And also, Spurs players tend to not need to arrange extra time off work to play their games.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Tonight's game is off now. Holy shit.
JtS
Member # 68

I tell you, it's tough being paid 100 a game to play football.
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm sure that's nice and everything, but your boss doesn't give a stuff about such things generally.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FCUM must be terrified of Chorley - that's the second time this game has been postponed.

You must be seriously concerned about promotion now. At least 21 games (and let's face it you are going to beat Radcliffe and Nantwich in the cups) before the end of April, then possibly another two if you make the playoffs. The transfer deadline is approaching. If I was Marginson, I would be splashing out a bit for squad cover. I'd start with a centre back based on what I've seen this season.

It's been rearranged for Weds 26 March. Third time lucky, hopefully.

What's going on with the Woodley home game? Are you going to have to forfeit it, do you think? It might just be the easiest way out.

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

The Woodley game is now the penultimate game of the season. The LMC had their meeting on Sunday, so we should know pretty soon what's going to happen. I think just a fine. I HOPE just a fine.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC