This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Jesus Zamora's Goal at Gijon (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jesus Zamora's Goal at Gijon
Chippy
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Chippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know where I can order a print of the photograph of his famous goal that won the championship for Real Sociedad in Gijon. It's in the photogrpahs in Morbo.

I realise that every bar in San Sebastian has it, but I would like it for my wall. So any ideas? I can't find a picture archive in the website of La Marca.

Perhaps we could persuade WSC to put it as their 'centrefold' photo for next month?

Posts: 3563 | From: Standlake | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This one?

-

If so, I would start with Diario Vasco.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chippy
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Chippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
si
Posts: 3563 | From: Standlake | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember this photo being taken from behind the goals and you can see Zamora strike it and the mud, rain and crowd look utterly fantastic. Great photo indeed.
Is this available anywhere to watch?

Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

- posted      Profile for Fausto Ptang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this it?
Posts: 3654 | From: Out West | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor quality and from a different angle, but here.

And near the 2:30 mark of this, the ending of which has to be seen to be believed.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

Cheers Ursus.
Fancy starting a cycling thread? It's been a while. Contador, Astana, Boonen's 16 year old girlfriend, kit and stuff.

Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

That's wonderful isn't it? 1980-81 were indeed glory years in this part of the world as well.
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

I've been thinking the same, but finding the off-season stories even more depressing than usual.

I think I will need to get BS' preview of Milan-San Remo, which usually cheers me up.

Than there's the fact that this is in my amazon.fr basket:

-

BTW, it's hilarious that you and I used the word "Astana" within five minutes of each other on threads about Jesus Zamora and last night's Liverpool-Inter match.

Fausto Ptang
Member # 1183

Let's take this to the warm, sunny, spring anticipating OTF Sport.
Chippy
Member # 23

Actually, it is a different photograph in Morbo, with the crowd standing in the rain.
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ursus, that second clip is indeed priceless. What's with the rocket and St Sebastien?
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
1980-81 were indeed glory years in this part of the world as well.

It wasn't that bad being a West Ham fan then, either. Cup winners, League Cup finalists and Second Division champions with a thirteen-point advantage over second-placed Notts. County and, er, ooh, someone else of little importance in third. And that was with two points for a win, as well.
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That clip with rockets must be some kind of metaphor about Sociedad fans creaming their pants when the goal went in...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

I'm pleased people looked at it, it really defies simple description.

I think Croute has the intent of the missles right; their juxtaposition with the panning shot of San Sebastian from below (recall that Sociedad are from the city of San Sebastian) just adds to the overall effect.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC