This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Are you related to anyone who's played the Beautiful Game? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Are you related to anyone who's played the Beautiful Game?
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a guy who played for Metz in the 90s playing for our club a few years back. I doubt he played with your old man though G.
Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given your age, he might have.

Thank you for the defence-splitting pass.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Delgado
Member # 215

- posted      Profile for Ron Delgado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My grandma always claimed that former Ajax-striker Wim Kieft had our family's nose.
Posts: 13 | From: Nijmegen Holland | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some seriously crap connections for ya:

My late dad's secretary was married to John Dick, who played for West Ham in the late fifties/early sixties. I have a video of him scoring a couple of goals against Tottenham somewhere...

...and my typography tutor at art school was uncle to 1972 championship-winning John O'Hare of Derby.

Mind you, I used to work with Gary Lineker - which probably trumps both those, actually.

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Oh yeah, my mate Gareth's stone company did Peter Crouch's kitchen and bathroom flooring a couple of years ago. He complained about it afterwards, as well.)
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These may be the most tenuous

My Mum booked travel tickets for John Charles quite regularly.

I played, at different times, Mickey Thomas and Andy Tilson (ex-Qpr & Bristol Rovers)

I stood next to Thierry Henry and Patrick Viera backstage at a Maddona gig (They are both really tall)

Scott Sinclair of Chelsea used to play for the boys football team that my son plays for and I coach at. He presented some awards at a recent tournament and had his photo taken with my lad's team.

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- My best mate was born on exactly the same day as World-Cup-winning goalkeeper Bodo Illgner.

- My sister used to work behind the bar at former Bristol Rovers' favourite David Mehew's local.

- My cousin kicked the shit out of Julian Dicks at primary school (so he reckons anyway; my cousin, that is, not Mr Dicks).

Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Grandad used to go cycling/on the piss with Albert Stubbins.

My Mum, when she was a croupier, used to date a former Newcastle United football, but she refuses to say who.

Jimmy Neil formerly of Grimsby Town drove me to my sunday league match once.

I pissed next to Dave Chadwick, FC United captain, at the urinals of the Swan and Cemetery in Bury.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On New Year's Eve we went for drinks at the house of one of m'lovely wife's boozy colleagues. Halfway through the evening the colleague's dad tumbled in from the pub, seven sheets to the wind, an unhealthily overweight gentleman sporting a nose twice as purple and cratered as Alex Ferguson's. Thoroughly nice bloke though, and as he sat there flinging Teacher's down his throat like he didn't want to see 2008, he started mentioning the FA Cup games he'd played in. Turns out that he played for Blackburn Rovers for many years - Kevin Savage, I think his name was, though I can't find any record of him online.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is of course entirely possible that I was duped by a prevaricating drunkard.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Gorman's son once got off with my then girlfriend in Cairo's nightclub, Swindon. That was a fun night out.

When I was 9, I told my friends that my uncle Ken played for Chelsea. You'd have thought I might have got away with such an outrageous lie in those pre-soccerbase days, but my mum ratted me out when one of my peers asked her if she could get his autograph.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
They
Member # 545

- posted      Profile for They     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My Mum, when she was a croupier, used to date a former Newcastle United football[sic], but she refuses to say who."

-

Posts: 1000 | From: The Mouthes Of Babes Come Burps | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to read BDG's twice before I cottoned on to the fact that was not in fact about a highly "ironic" nightclub named Swindon in the Egyptian capital.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

On my honeymoon in Goa (fourteen years ago, marriage went t*ts up eighteen months afterward), I met another newlywed guy whose kids from his previous marriage had been babysat a couple of times by Peter Osgood.

I'd forgotten that until about five minutes ago. 'Understandably', you might say.

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My grandparents used to drink in the same pub as TonTon's dad's cousin.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC