This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Great names of streets around football grounds (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Great names of streets around football grounds
Senyor Pirotecnic
Member # 9439

- posted      Profile for Senyor Pirotecnic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Atletico Madrid's ground on El Paseo De Los Melancolicos?
Posts: 100 | From: Valencia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin used to live in Freeview Drive.

I love the ones round Loftus Road - South Africa Road, Bloemfontein Road, India Way etc.

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Bill Nicholson Way' leads off Tottenham High Road to the back of the main stand. Not so much a road name more a statement of intent.
Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mighty Belgian
Member # 304

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Belgian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hendon's Claremont Road ground is situated in (or next to) the Clitterhouse Playing Fields.

Always made me smile, anyway...

Posts: 929 | From: Walldorf (Baden) | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We always used to park on Scorer Street, a couple of hundred yards from Sincil Bank. At first because of the name, then out of superstition.
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Your Own Personal Jihad
Member # 1595

- posted      Profile for Your Own Personal Jihad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting Bryan, I never knew that.

Imagine what it's like trying to get a pizza delivered to Anfield Road?

Posts: 147 | From: Between a rock and a hard funk. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the old streets surrounding Roker Park is named Hampden Road.
The names on the estate built at Roker Park include Promotion Place, Midfield Drive, Clockstand Close. I think Roker Park Close is the only sensible one.
Losing Streak Lane, Goal Drought Grove, Relegation Road, Play-Off Defeat Place, False Dawn Drive would be more apt choices surely?
The council refused permission to name them after anyone dead or alive. Surely that couldve been circumnavigated by dropping the forenames? IE Raich Carter Close becomes Carter Close? Len Shackleton Street to Shackleton Street etc. Especially when one of the Inland Revenues offices in the town centre is named Shackleton House.
Sunderland council are the biggest set of arseholes to ever walk the face of the earth for a million thing more important than this btw.

[ 27.02.2008, 09:46: Message edited by: Alania Vladikavkaz. ]

Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hendon's Claremont Road ground is situated in (or next to) the Clitterhouse Playing Fields.

Always made me smile, anyway...

Before we moved to Kensal Green, I refused to look at a house on Clitterhouse Road as I was worried how it would sound if I said it to a taxi driver while pissed. I was also worried that he would never be able to find it.

I also vetoed All Souls Avenue for similar reasons

[ 27.02.2008, 10:08: Message edited by: Bored Of The Dance ]

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC