This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » UEFA Cup - mild excitement? (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: UEFA Cup - mild excitement?
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Be thankful you have Freeview, move house to a different corner of Wales and guess what? No Freeview. Lovely.
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The whole "period of English dominance in Europe" that we're supposedly entering has cursed it. Watch all the English teams go crashing out of the CL now as well.

Mission accomplished! [Wink]
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you can get Freesat in Wales.
Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pleased from a Rangers perspective. If they go through and get PSV, they have an excellent record against the Dutch.

I prefer Fiorentina to Everton as well, I could only see them get bludgeoned into submission by that team of wrestlers.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT: to Croute:

erm ... I'm not ... I'm no Evertonian or even a champion of English football, I don't even support an English club.

Having watched both legs I just feel that Everton should have shat on Fiorentina from a great height tonight ... and that penalties really are crap.

I can assure you that in a couple of minutes when I sit down with my coffee to watch Newsnight, I will have forgotten all about it.

[ 12.03.2008, 22:43: Message edited by: Jorge Porbillas ]

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm sure you can get Freesat in Wales.
I know, i'm getting Sky installed again soon, but you know?
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can assure you that in a couple of minutes when I sit down with my coffee to watch Newsnight
you will never get to sleep
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everton completely overran the Viola, but actually didn't create that many chances (especially after the Frey double save). The manic pace certainly put Fiorentina on the back foot, but it was also hard for Everton to manage, and they clearly tired in extra time.

The Viola penalties are yet further evidence of Prandelli being the best manager in Serie A. They knew exactly ehat they were doing.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Spurs were pretty unlucky tonight. But they should have gone for it more in extra time as PSV were even more tired than they were.

Ramos gets his tactics sorted again. A big improvement on last weeks effort.

Gomez flattened about 5 players during that game. Also looked close to saving quite a few penalties. The only one that robbo got close to was the one he saved.

Get your money on Tottenham's opposiiton this weekend.

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you do Jorge, I really could not be bothered to have an argument about football and two teams I don't care about (see ice hockey thread on Sport to see what occupies my mind at the moment...)
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bollox. There's nothing more sickening than losing a penalty shoot-out where you had a kick to win it. That said, PSV should have had the tie won after the first leg.

Only saw highlights, and save for a sitter missed by Koevermans, it was all Spurs, with Bent guilty of the greatest example of passing-when-you-should-have-shot. And Gomez save from Malbranque at the death was as good as I've seen all season.

Positives can be taken in how a side, so clearly snuffed out by their opposition last week, can turn in a performance which showed that this team and management are understanding the game better and better. The ability to learn from mistakes and develop from there.

A penalty to win it though. Fuck.

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(see ice hockey thread on Sport to see what occupies my mind at the moment...)
Interesting! Expect a PM tomorrow to pick your brains on that one!
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Katz
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Otto Katz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've got Spurs on in one room Everton on in the other and the mrs going bonkers!
That's got to be Post of the Day. It's especially good if you picture him having the PC in the hallway and stopping there on his way between rooms to post his uptdates on this thread.

It should be set to the music from the Benny Hill Show, with his wife waiting for JP to come to bed and yelling at him everytime he passes her door.

Commisserations Spurs fans (and Everton). Did Jenas try a lackadaisical chip?

Posts: 2909 | From: the examining of the entrails of sacrificial geese | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole "period of English dominance in Europe" that we're supposedly entering has cursed it. Watch all the English teams go crashing out of the CL now as well.

Oh please let this be prescient.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! everyone but Arsenal out, fair enough.

And, good luck tonight Rangers (no, seriously).

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC