This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » UEFA Cup - mild excitement? (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   
Author Topic: UEFA Cup - mild excitement?
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Madman
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
A penalty to win it though. Fuck.
Sums up my thoughts exactly along with bollockycustardpissflaps.
Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Gold Blend, may I introduce Mr Samsung?
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watching that penalty shootout was horrible, I knew we'd lose. I knew Chimbonda would miss, and Jenas. Thing is Jenas had to take it as he was wearing the Captain's armband at the final whistle.

I would have been tempted to let robbo have a go.

Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Incredible to read this:

"[Ramos] was unaware English teams have a poor spot-kick record".

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Commisserations Spurs fans (and Everton). Did Jenas try a lackadaisical chip?
Yes, yes he did.
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Commisserations Spurs fans (and Everton). Did Jenas try a lackadaisical chip?
Yes, yes he did.
Hahahaha. What a prick.
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just seen Jenas's penalty.

Dear god.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see that Bolton are resting TWELVE first team regulars tonight, thus putting out a virtual reserve side away at Sporting Lisbon.

I'll be damned if I can understand this mentality. They are hardly faced with fixture congestion when they're playing weekend and midweek in League and Europe. They have no other competitions to worry about.

And assuming they have ambitions to eventually be some sort of challengers for something or other, then surely getting into that mindset of even semi-regular fixtures is something that can only benefit the players ?

Then there is the little issue of when Bolton will ever get a chance to play in Europe again. This is a special occasion in the club's history and they're not even taking it seriously.

Sporting to win 5-1.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree with you completely on this one Dalliance. I'm looking forward to Bolton's "fucking hell, we came 15th!" open-top bus parade.

This sort of stuff makes me hate the Prem's mid-sized deluded mediocrities almost as much as the Big Four.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were a Bolton fan, I'd be fucking annoyed by the club's attitude...
Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The actual Bolton fan was, 7 pages ago.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They might have got a severe fingering in the Final but I'm sure Middlesbrough fans look back with fondness on that UEFA Cup campaign a couple of seasons ago. It was well worth the effort the team put into it.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did i just see a wales flag being waved by a bolton fan?

f*****g hell, most bolton fans don't have a choice but i'm sure that lad did

[ 13.03.2008, 20:24: Message edited by: rick derris ]

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They might have got a severe fingering in the Final but I'm sure Middlesbrough fans look back with fondness on that UEFA Cup campaign a couple of seasons ago. It was well worth the effort the team put into it.
Indeed, I think they see it as a defining point of their short to medium term history.

At the game on Sunday there was a huge 'Spirit of Steaua' flag being waved in one corner in the build-up and local semi-celebrity halfwit Jeff Winters referred desperately to the UEFA Cup comebacks in an attempt to rally their crowd at half-time during his stint at the tombola.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC