This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

    why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
Author Topic: Fuck you Big Four
ad hoc
Member
Member # 52

 - posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
When's the draw for the semis? Ideally I'd like a West Brom Barnsley final, but would settle for West Brom Cardiff. It's all good though, even if Portsmouth get through, who at least will give me a reason to support their opponents. The only downside of their win on Saturday was seeing Harry Redknapp happy, and then noticing he had Tony Adams on the bench with him.
My name is Mumpo
Member
Member # 551

 - posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
I'm in the West Brom camp too, having remembered that the last time they got this far Ipswich beat them 3-1 en route to the trophy.
gerontophile
Member
Member # 954

 - posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
the draw is today around 1pm I think

*13:25 GMT for some weird reason.

[ 10.03.2008, 10:51: Message edited by: gerontophile ]

Spearmint Rhino
Member
Member # 189

 - posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
I kind of hope Cardiff win it, now. I must be feeling unwell.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member
Member # 604

 - posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
Think I'm going to support Barnsley as they deserve it for services to football (ie. knocking out 2 of the "Big Four") and also because Barnsley at Wembley brings back happy memories for me (Ipswich beating them 4-2 in the Play-off final).
Chippy
Member
Member # 23

 - posted      Profile for Chippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
It's also strange how the 4 teams have spread geographically. One North, one Midlands, one South and one for Wales and the West.
My name is Mumpo
Member
Member # 551

 - posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
A similar thing happened in 1992, with Liverpool, Sunderland, Norwich and Portsmouth representing diagoally opposed corners of the country.

[ 10.03.2008, 12:16: Message edited by: Major Eazy ]

noj
Member
Member # 753

 - posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
What a fantastic weekend. Anyway, I think I'm rooting for West Brom now, although I don't really want to see Jonathan Greening happy. Barnsley would do as well.
Gangster Octopus
Member
Member # 49

 - posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
Do the Baggies still have a chance of winning the cup without actually playing anyone from the top division?
Guy Potger
Member
Member # 1315

 - posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
Black marks all round for Paul Trollope and Lennie Lawrence, and Gareth Southgate.

Trollope and Lawrence for failing to demand the match referee be dragged through the streets on a hurdle, prior to his execution in the city's main square, and the arrest of Keith Hackett on charges of treason: and for Southgate for admitting the team wasn't good enough, and that responsibility for that lay with him.

Honestly, until these amateurs get a grip they'll never, ever make it into the big time and manage a "top" Premiership side, never mind a European one.

Harry Carpenter
Member
Member # 1577

 - posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post
In the spirit of the opening post on here and a few others, here's a mail I got from a Swansea supporting friend this morning ;