This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Fuck you Big Four (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Fuck you Big Four
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When's the draw for the semis? Ideally I'd like a West Brom Barnsley final, but would settle for West Brom Cardiff. It's all good though, even if Portsmouth get through, who at least will give me a reason to support their opponents. The only downside of their win on Saturday was seeing Harry Redknapp happy, and then noticing he had Tony Adams on the bench with him.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the West Brom camp too, having remembered that the last time they got this far Ipswich beat them 3-1 en route to the trophy.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the draw is today around 1pm I think

*13:25 GMT for some weird reason.

[ 10.03.2008, 10:51: Message edited by: gerontophile ]

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of hope Cardiff win it, now. I must be feeling unwell.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think I'm going to support Barnsley as they deserve it for services to football (ie. knocking out 2 of the "Big Four") and also because Barnsley at Wembley brings back happy memories for me (Ipswich beating them 4-2 in the Play-off final).
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chippy
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Chippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also strange how the 4 teams have spread geographically. One North, one Midlands, one South and one for Wales and the West.
Posts: 3563 | From: Standlake | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A similar thing happened in 1992, with Liverpool, Sunderland, Norwich and Portsmouth representing diagoally opposed corners of the country.

[ 10.03.2008, 12:16: Message edited by: Major Eazy ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fantastic weekend. Anyway, I think I'm rooting for West Brom now, although I don't really want to see Jonathan Greening happy. Barnsley would do as well.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do the Baggies still have a chance of winning the cup without actually playing anyone from the top division?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black marks all round for Paul Trollope and Lennie Lawrence, and Gareth Southgate.

Trollope and Lawrence for failing to demand the match referee be dragged through the streets on a hurdle, prior to his execution in the city's main square, and the arrest of Keith Hackett on charges of treason: and for Southgate for admitting the team wasn't good enough, and that responsibility for that lay with him.

Honestly, until these amateurs get a grip they'll never, ever make it into the big time and manage a "top" Premiership side, never mind a European one.

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of the opening post on here and a few others, here's a mail I got from a Swansea supporting friend this morning ;

quote:

Sent: 10 March 2008 09:10
To: Scott Thomas
Subject: Cardiff

Hi Scott

I am sure you will be delighted to know that for the first and hopefully last time in my life I will be supporting Cardiff (FA
Cup only though)

Richard

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with 1. Cardiff 2. Barnsley.

Can't decide whether I want them to draw each other, to guarantee a final with someone to really shout for. Cos surely the shocks can't keep on coming.

The whole weekend leaves a big smile on the face, tho'. I even went to the pub to see Man U lose, and i haven't forced myself out the house to see a BIG SKY BIG match for years.

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chippy
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Chippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
West Brom vs Portsmouth

Barnsley vs Cardiff

Is the draw. Best possible outcome

[ 10.03.2008, 13:30: Message edited by: Chippy ]

Posts: 3563 | From: Standlake | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do the Baggies still have a chance of winning the cup without actually playing anyone from the top division?

When you asked that question, yes. Now, no.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rubbish draw. A team that I dislike will be in the final.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC