This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Division 2 - a big night (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Division 2 - a big night
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scunthorpe win (kicked off earlier than everyone else).

Southampton score a vital late goal to go 1-0 up against Leicester, who have now moved into the bottom three on the live table as we still lead Colchester, though my nails are disappearing fast..

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank fuck for that.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pretend Best Friend
Member # 3223

- posted      Profile for Pretend Best Friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Big games for Cardiff against Hull tomorrow, and off to Layer Road on Saturday too

I think we'll drop down to 17th / 18th as a result of tonight's scores.

Posts: 408 | From: The Office, Slough | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of the bottom three with games in hand on everyone. We might yet survive until May.
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't take many more games like that. Typical Wednesday - concede early goal, gamely fight back, then sit on our 18 yard line for the entire second half and give the ball away frequently.

And we still have to go to Leicester and face our nemesis Steve Howard.

Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Wednesday will go down. Assuming Scunny and Colchester are toast (which may not be the case, but more than likely is) then I'd pick one of Coventry, Southampton or Leicester to join them. His time at City is turning into a massive Wessex Saddleback's ear for Olly, I'll bet he regrets leaving Argyle big time. His sole managerial attribute is to take a despondant dressing room and give it some self-belief, if the magic works it works instantly (cf: QPR and Plymouth) if it doesn't he's screwed and so is his team. He's gone whatever happens and I'm sure he knows it, which doesn't bode well for Leicester in the coming weeks.

[ 12.03.2008, 00:50: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having watched the Blades beat Coventry tonight I don't think Coventry will be the ones to drop and nor will we. It looks as though Coleman is starting to get them playing, they were far better than when we beat them at the Ricoh. We are starting to shake off some of the torpor induced by Robbo and we are now looking like an average Division 2 side and not a poor one. It is a very odd league table as we stand tonight - more than half the table could still go up or down
Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True, Coleman ought to be able to keep them up.

Rumours all over the Leicester boards tonight that ... [pregnant pause] ... a certain Mr Bryan Robson is waiting in the wings (!)

Mandaric wouldn't ...

... would he?

[ 12.03.2008, 01:26: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Robson a wednesdayite or something?
Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No-one wants to go up from this Division. We lose 2-1 to PNE, but I look at the table and discover that we're still in the same position as we were before the game- 5 points off the playoffs with 2 games in hand.
Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scunny have now won 2 at home on the trot, only lost the previous 1 after a non existent last minute penalty, and another bizarre sending off.

Our last 3 home games are wednesday ( quiet in the directors box please ), a hopefully cup distracted Cardiff and Colchester, it's still on.

Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pawlu
Member # 1406

- posted      Profile for pawlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TCC: how is Jack Hobbs doing for you?
Posts: 113 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamzinho
Member # 442

- posted      Profile for Jamzinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Importantly, SW and Coventry have to play each other twice before the seasons end, starting with the match at the Ricoh on Saturday.
Posts: 220 | From: Coventry | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not been to enough games since january to really say Pawlu, but I think okish is the answer. He's obviously a decent player, if a bit slow, but he got chucked in the deep end with injuries and suspensions leaving us short at the back, and we shipped alot of goals in his first 2 months.

The return of Izzy Iriekpen has made a difference for us recently.

Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC