This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Inter - Liverpool (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Inter - Liverpool
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So twice in the row are Inter robbed by the ref, is there anything left for Serie A nowadays...?

Garcia, may I remind you that you are not a Daily Mail reader...?

Ha ha Garcia.

I always enjoy reading these threads after games involving English and Italian teams, especially as sometimes I forget that I, like all British football fans, am a rustic simpleton who can only grunt in delight at being spoon-fed the heroics of Stevie G, and cannot appreciate the true aesthetic delight of Vieira's geriatric creaking or Ibrahimovic spunking chance after chance up the wall. I can only wonder at the subtlety and urbaneness of Italian football affecionados, such as Ganja's relentless tounging of Maldini and that bloke who occasionaly pops up and tells us that Calciopoli was all part of a big communist plot. After all, what aspect of a nation's character is not decided by the scores given to players by football journalists?

I've put Croute's post up there as it struck me that it was exactly the kind of thing that Clive Tydlesley would say if Livepool had been utterly outplayed by Inter and had two players sent off. Inter players need to learn that when you're on a yellow card you can't just carry on committing niggling fouls as if you weren't. Both red cards were harsh but could easily have been avoided were it not for the players' own stupidity.

Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So twice in the row are Inter robbed by the ref, is there anything left for Serie A nowadays...?

Garcia, may I remind you that you are not a Daily Mail reader...?

Ha ha Garcia.

I always enjoy reading these threads after games involving English and Italian teams, especially as sometimes I forget that I, like all British football fans, am a rustic simpleton who can only grunt in delight at being spoon-fed the heroics of Stevie G, and cannot appreciate the true aesthetic delight of Vieira's geriatric creaking or Ibrahimovic spunking chance after chance up the wall. I can only wonder at the subtlety and urbaneness of Italian football affecionados, such as Ganja's relentless tounging of Maldini and that bloke who occasionaly pops up and tells us that Calciopoli was all part of a big communist plot. After all, what aspect of a nation's character is not decided by the scores given to players by football journalists?

I've put Croute's post up there as it struck me that it was exactly the kind of thing that Clive Tydlesley would say if Livepool had been utterly outplayed by Inter and had two players sent off. Inter players need to learn that when you're on a yellow card you can't just carry on committing niggling fouls as if you weren't. Both red cards were harsh but could easily have been avoided were it not for the players' own stupidity.

Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
garcia, only since you asked, the Gazzetta considers Burdisso's sending off to be a "harsh but technically accurate" interpretation of the rules.

They also contend that a consistent application of those rules would have seen at least one Liverpool player (Skrtel and Babel being the most likely) having also been issued two yellow cards.

That's why Ovrebo got a 4.

BTW, some of you may be interested to know that the Gazzetta debuted an English language version of their website today. It's only (rather) limited content and the translations are a bit clunky, but it is certainly better than nothing for those of you without Italian.

Note that they never put the marks on the website in Italian; it's a major reason why people buy the paper.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and what mark did gazzetta give the ref in 1965?
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nil a fhios agam
Member # 1386

- posted      Profile for Nil a fhios agam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the English Gazzetta link Ursus.
Posts: 921 | From: Fair City | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Deutsche mark?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<applause>
Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mancini's agent is now saying that "he may not leave after all".

Sigh.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
agree with SR above, inter were dirty and it is reasonable to point this out. two years ago, materazzi crushed juan pablo sorin's face with an elbow as inter were eliminated from this competition. one year ago they were eliminated amidst a mass brawl against valencia. they finished the tie against liverpool with eight yellows, two reds and one mutiny. i'd say discipline was a problem.

lets not forget what they got up to in 2005.

That was a really poor game. in the first half Liverpool were relying on Inter not being able to put anything together, rather than going out and giving it to them good and proper. They did have a couple of chances, but they were created by the vision of Cambiasso, and devil-may-care distribution of Rivas.

It was a great finish by torres, but I was not that impressed by chivu. He reacted to the presence of torres like an iraqi policeman would to the sight of a down syndrome kid in a bulky jacket.

Just how old is patrick vieira? he has physically deteriorated at a faster rate than nicky butt.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty convinced that Chivu is a better player than he showed for Roma against Man United last season and over these two most recent legs against Liverpool.

One more lousy performance like those ones next season could easily sway me the other way however.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
like an iraqi policeman would to the sight of a down syndrome kid in a bulky jacket.

I think I just laughed up a lung.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gah...Must.not.forget.to.add.winkey.smiley.when.joking.on.a.thread...
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That was a really poor game. in the first half Liverpool were relying on Inter not being able to put anything together, rather than going out and giving it to them good and proper. They did have a couple of chances, but they were created by the vision of Cambiasso, and devil-may-care distribution of Rivas.
very few teams "go out and give it good and proper" to a side like inter in the first 20 minutes at the san siro. liverpool had a two goal lead and no need to go chasing the game at exactly the time when the pressure would be at its most intense. instead they kept their discipline and let inter and the crowd burn themselves out. when inter tired their tempo dropped, the pressure from the crowd slackened and liverpool could come out from the back with more confidence.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Patrick Vieira) has physically deteriorated at a faster rate than nicky butt.

Of course Vieira did have a lot further to fall.

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a side like inter
A deeply mediocre side?
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC