This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Administration (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Administration
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I check my understanding of the new administration rules, which have been brought in to counter people attempting to pull a Bates*? If a club goes into admin after a certain date this season (quite possibly the end of March) they stand to be docked 10 points both this and next season? Or is it just next season?

(* Note to our paranoid Leeds fans: I know Ken is not the only person to pull this trick)

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if there is a hard and fast rule ... what happened to Boston this season - were they docked 10 points as well as being relegated two divisions?
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's sometime in the next couple of weeks, Andy. We're probably going for it.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"paranoid Leeds fans":

*Takes a bow*...

I thought it was next season?

Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for Battylad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ad – I thought you were being taken over? Surly they are not going to dump the club into Admin first and then someone buy it back out on the cheap ripping off a host of folk in the process and the taxman… *wink paranoid smile*
Posts: 2790 | From: On a Distant Sun... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the takeover talk has gone very quiet of late, but my question was more of a general one than a what is the effect on Wednesday one. (Mind you, one would hope that if we are going to go into administration the people sending us there have looked into this question and will thought long and hard about when to do it).
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

Depends I suppose, as we seem to learn on a weekly basis, the owners of football clubs are not the sharpest tools in the box - talking of which, is it the Liesdale/ Cardiff Court case?? Harry has been quite today...
ad hoc
Member # 52

That would certainly apply to our lot.

I should clarify, while the question was a general one, I do think that there is a fair to middling chance that it will become less general and more specific in the next couple of weeks.

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David Conn on our latest travails:
quote:
Bother at Rotherham

The club most obviously in danger of following Bournemouth into administration is League Two's Rotherham United, which is in financial difficulties and no longer owns its ground. In 2005 the former chairman Ken Booth took ownership of Millmoor in return for writing off £3m he had paid in to run the club, which enjoyed four seasons at Championship level.

A supporters' trust briefly took over, then the club was sold to the local businessmen Dennis Coleman and Dino Maccio. They could not save it and in May 2006 the club cut its £3.7m debts with a company voluntary arrangement. That meant starting last season with a 10-point deduction, and the Millers were ultimately relegated from League One by 13 points. Last month the club announced an "intention to appoint an administrator," a formal process providing short breathing space from declaring insolvency again, while Coleman and Maccio try desperately to attract new investment.

This season has seen the side battling for promotion from League Two and they are still well placed to get into the play-offs. But after their surprise 1-0 defeat against Accrington Stanley earlier this month the manager, Mark Robins complained that his side had put in a "shocking performance, the worst I have seen for a long time", but then admitted: "I am angry, absolutely livid and that is not my team. We can't bring anyone else in due to the financial difficulties and we want players fighting for places."

He's missed out that Coleman and Maccio have fallen out, and are accusing each other of getting in the way of new investors. Although I mentioned it on that thread about the Millers that no-one seems to be reading...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bomb A Nero
Member # 636

- posted      Profile for Bomb A Nero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having very weird conversations with the PR department at Sistema. They're quoting sheffield telegraph articles at me, saying it is PURE SPECULATION, but refusing to issue a public denial that would kill the Yevtushenko story stone dead.

I don't really know how to deal with these people, but I'm almost certain he is the man behind the takeover bid. He may well be waiting to see if we stay up first, though.

Posts: 2903 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
talking of which, is it the Liesdale/ Cardiff Court case?? Harry has been quite today...
We have our spies at the court case. Nothing happening at the moment. Loads of legalese debate apparently and Langston's lawyers having a few pops at Cardiff's case
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battylad
Member # 1334

Cheers Bored. As much as I dislike the person currently in charge of your team and a section of your fans, after going through this Admin lark, I really hope that you don't have to go through it- that goes for fans of any other clubs too. Keep us posted...
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

quote:
As much as I dislike ... a section of your fans
Takes one to know one...
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ad hoc - It's the last Thursday in March, the same as transfer deadline day.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
27th March, to be precise.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC