This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » UEFA Cup - mulled excrement? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: UEFA Cup - mulled excrement?
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Uefa Cup was always better than the Champions League monster because it was a proper knockout - now they've got those stupid group stages it's shit.
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boro's run to the final also involved some astonishing matches, totally out of keeping with their normally torpid football. I think what Rogin means by it being 'overshadowed' is 'not as prominent on the telly' and 'only on page 4 of the sports supplements', which does not remotely mean that it's rubbish.

In terms of quality and entertainment, recent Uefa Cup finals easily surpass CL ones.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I unashamedly watch almost no CL. I don't like the hype, and can't get into it whatsoever. I can happily watch the UEFA Cup though, for some reason.
Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, of course the 'overshadowed' UEFA Cup holds no interest for the Chelskis/Arses of this world - they don't play in it. That doesn't mean that the UEFA doesn't continue to provide huge enjoyment for several million fans across Europe.

Let's face it, it's a purer competition than the CL - the most inaccurately-named tournament in sporting history since baseball's World Series*. There's a hell of a lot more to football than a clutch of millionaires, fffs - and, as the saying goes, 'other clubs are available', new football fans.

(* Don't bother explaining - I know how the WS got its name.)

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC