This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The 'I'm not sure I can take the excitement' NPL Div1 North run in thread (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The 'I'm not sure I can take the excitement' NPL Div1 North run in thread
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn teams like FC United. Congleton have been in that league since the dawn of time, and these new fancy pants just go and make it look easy.

All because they were bored with their big club, and they buy their way into the pyramid and cheat by playing good football. They remind me of some team managed by one of Manchester United's former players, strangely.

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has JtS nicked dglH's log-in, or something?
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, dglh is old skool Congleton, always has been.

I saw the Harrogate badge while trying to answer my own question, and could only hang my head. Trains, toffee, all that potential for a classic badge, and what do they get? A poorly drawn beaver, FFS.

It looks like a pretty weak league for badges, I must say. FCUM's is clearly one of the best.

Though should you get promoted, you will have to contend with these guys rooting up your garden and generally causing havoc:

-

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And has Croute seen the picture of the "Ultras" on the last page? He HAS to send it to all his hardcore friends. The peals of laughter on Mouvement Ultra and Tifonet will be audible worldwide.
I have to dig out this thread we had for tiny little groups of kids playing at being ultras, it was rather cute.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
die grosse linke Hand
Member # 1437

- posted      Profile for die grosse linke Hand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Don. I went to school right next to Congleton's ground back in the day. Been following the results of my team in that league before your upstarts were born (they have always been shit though)

Glad you liked my little JtS tribute though. I didn't look up his posts for it, and just tried to channel his spirit.

Quite frankly those leagues need anything to spice them up a little.

[ 25.03.2008, 19:46: Message edited by: die grosse linke Hand ]

Posts: 3418 | From: Gotham | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your lot are fourth this season. A long way back in fourth, but that's by the by. If loads of teams don't want to be promoted (like Whitley Bay last year) or don't meet the tier 4 regs, Congleton could find themselves sneaking up.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC