This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Easter fixtures (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Easter fixtures
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No umbrellas with sharp tips are allowed inside the stadium
Georgi Markov will be delighted they're finally clamping down on this kind of irresponsible shit.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why are Sweden playing an apparently home friendly in London?
They begin with 'N' and end in 'ike'. Look who they're playing.

We await 50ft high posters of Zlatan and Kaka standing head-to-head...

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on, did I miss or forget about Sweden switching to Nike? What the fuck? The were consistently one of Adidas' best kits ( I preseume their federation talked them down from their worst design excesses).

Are Sweden nominally the home team? Brazil have been in all of their previous London friendlies as it is their agency who books them.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're marketing it as some sort of 50 year repeat of the '58 Cup Final aren't they?
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stefan
Member # 157

- posted      Profile for stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's right noj. But as far as I can work out it's Brazil v Sweden. It's listed as an away game on the Swedish FA's site and the Arsenal site says Brazil are at home too.
Posts: 1181 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paxton Sprout
Member # 2169

- posted      Profile for Paxton Sprout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is the earliest Easter since 1913, fact fans. That season, Arsenal finished bottom of the table and were relegated. That's not very relevant to the thread, I just wanted an excuse to type it.
How on earth did I miss this opportunity?

1. Earliest Easter - global warming to blame.
2. Arsenal then failed to earn their way back into to the top division in 1919.

Bastards

Posts: 497 | From: where I'm standing behind the goal that was clearly offside | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hang on, what am I talking about? Sweden switched from adidas to Unbro recently.

They haven't gone to Nike then, have they?

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Sweden are Umbro Harry (who are owned by Nike now)
boris
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry's owned by Nike? Sellout.
Posts: 8617 | From: the safe house | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see Mexico-Ghana is at Craven Cottage. That actually looks interesting.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tempted by AFC Wimbledon tomorrow: anyone else?
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

There's an impromptu Easter 'thon happening at Stourbridge on Monday when the Leamington juggernaut roll into town and attempt to keep up the pressure on Evesham at the top of Southern League Division One Midlands.

jon/juan, Phoebe Disco and myself are confirmed. Duncan Gardner is a possible.

All welcome!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC