This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing in football annoys me more than when a challenge which clearly constitutes serious foul play is not punished with a dismissal. It's worse than diving, it's worse than the waving the imaginary card thing, it's worse than incorrect offside calls.

At the risk of repeating myself, one of the reasons referees keep holding back the red cards is that the 'red cards are bad' culture that prevails in the media has not been challenged by Keith Hackett. Thus, we have referees with a mindset in which they hope they don't have a red card in their game, and this results in them not seeing challenges for what they are. Ashley Cole's challenge is just the latest in a long list of incidents this season where serious foul play has not been punished with a dismissal.

What makes this matter all the more frustrating, is the public condemnation of Martin Taylor for that challenge on Eduardo, when last night we saw an equally horrendous challenge that was not followed by a red card, collective public outrage, calls for the perpetrator to never play football again, or a comment from Sepp Blatter. All because it wasn't followed by a nasty injury.

Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cosa arancione calda
Member # 680

- posted      Profile for cosa arancione calda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Spurs, even after being abused while waiting in the endless queue for the train. I don't know why. It might be the nice simplicity of the kit, and I've always liked the badge. Then there was the Ardiles & Hoddle factor when I was first getting into football. Hmm. Carry on.
Posts: 645 | From: High on a hill looking down | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bloody hell, just seen the tackle, that is absolutely dreadful. Cole is a disgrace.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been among matchday crowds of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea fans in my time in London, and the Chelsea fans were comfortably the most unpleasant of the lot.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No highlights programme on the BBC tonight. Instead we are getting The Rock with Sean Connery.
You say that like The Rock's a bad thing.

There's fantastic picture of Woodgate heading his goal in The Times today. He's about four feet above everyone else; it's as though rugby's lineout lifting rules have suddenly entered football but only Spurs have noticed.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He doesn't mean the "actor" The Rock but the film 'The Rock' starring Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage.

From the 20 minutes I saw at the end of last night it's possibly Cage's most annoying role, how can he be so good in 'Con Air' and yet so poor elsewhere.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TV's 'Mr P'

Why do people like Tottenham? They're such a bunch of loathsome hooligan pricks and they get absolutely no shit about it whatsoever.
This 'gem' was posted just half an hour after that snivelling little gimp shrew Ashley Cole almost ended Hutton's career - and saw nothing but a yellow card. OTF myopia at its worst.

Paxton Sprout

I assumed the 'loathsome hooligan pricks' referred to our support. Which is even more laughable coming from chelsea.

Right, Ashley Cole's tackle was horrible and deserved a red card. He is also a little turd, I don't like him and never have.

Your support contains one of the largest and most loathesome collection of organised hooligans in the country. On top of that in the last few years there have been songs about lynching Sol Campbell and how Adebyor's dad is a cannibal, sung by a large minority of the ground. Spurs' support gets absolutely no shit about it whatsoever and it fucks me off.

Slag off the lunatics that would be horrible bastards to away fans at Chelsea all you like, but the days where we were the vanguard for football violence has long gone and Tottenham have taken their place.

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Terry is a knob, part 62,894
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I still stay The Rock the film is a great and mindless bit of entertainment, especially if you've drunk a few beers.

Re Mr Terry -

quote:
So the space should have just remained empty?

- Mark, Northampton

You sir, are a cunt. A cunt's cunt.

Strange days indeed when one finds oneself agreeing with much of what's said on the Comments section of a Daily Mail article.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to love the post that claimed Terry was setting a bad example.

That's Footballers and the inference that they should either be setting a good example, or that people actually copy their example.
Not sure which is the more preposterous notion.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liquidator, just to let you know there has been information from THFC saying that they've had alot of complaints from Spurs fans about the Adebayour song and they will be kicking people out of the ground for it. They also said they won't be tolerating any abuse about Judas either (although they didn't say which songs were okay and which weren't) when Portsmouth visit this weekend.

With this post, I'm not sticking up for any people who sing these songs (because I don't like them either) but it is being recognised by the club.

I didn't go to the match yesterday so don't know if the Adebayour song was sung at all but we'll see on Saturday if they enforce the Judas bit.

The first time I heard the Adebayour song was away in Prague and it was very loud. I think it's gotten a fair bit quieter since then but it seems that other fans (not just THFC ones) have taken it on board, which is a real shame.

Talking of crap songs, I hate it when we sing 'stand up if you hate Arsenal', when we aren't playing them. What is the point? We should be getting behind our own players or at least giving the current opposition some grief, not worrying about the shower of shoite down the road.

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

I think he's more annoyed about the fact that it doens't get mentioned in the press at all.
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They also said they won't be tolerating any abuse about Judas either ...when Portsmouth visit this weekend.
They'd be topical though. Actually, seasonal would be more accurate, wouldn't it?

[ 20.03.2008, 16:37: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do have some sympathy with Liq on this. Spurs' ground probably generates the best atmosphere in London these days, and I'm probably mates (outside of Orient) with more Spurs fans than of any other team, but Spurs' sizeable hooligan element does seem to be subject to some kind of omerta. If they weren't in the Premier League I suspect we'd hear a lot more about that side of the club.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liquidator - no one in his right mind likes racism or indeed hooligan behaviour in general. If, as morgan suggests, the powers that be are trying to kill this off, then let's hope that this is the case, eh?

If, on the other hand, you're trying to suggest that this behaviour is *peculiar* to Tottenham just because you happen to support another London club, then you're puddled, mate. And please don't be tarring us all with a brush you should perhaps be reserving for racist/thug fans from all clubs.

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC