This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's not peculiar to Tottenham and I never said it was. What annoys me is that we still get the hooligan/fascist/skinhead nazi rep that is nearly two decades out of date while your club gets no coverage whatsoever of its large minority of hooligans/racists (I have no idea of the level of overlap here).

Paxton's typical 'this from a Chelsea fan' schtick is a cheap way of deflecting this fact.

Oh and there's no doubt about it E10, White Hart lane is comfortably the loudest ground in London these days.

----second edit----

Same goes for Liverpool by the way.

[ 20.03.2008, 22:57: Message edited by: The_Liquidator ]

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do liverpool have a large minority of racists? i know they have plenty of hooligans.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More hooligans than racists, but I have heard some terrible stuff from a mate of mine who used to go to Liverpool away games a lot.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What 'annoys me' is the fact that this sh*t still goes on at all - I couldn't give a monkey's underpants at which ground it's happening.

If it's occurring at The Lane, then it needs to be stamped out. Neither I nor any of my 'loathsome' Tottenham-supporting friends are in any way promoting this kind of thing.

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
They also said they won't be tolerating any abuse about Judas either
Spurzzz fans are still abusing Gordon 'jukebox' Durie?

[ 21.03.2008, 12:19: Message edited by: Duncan Gardner v8.2 ]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. The c*nt.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Campbell will be playing on Saturday. I can't stand that song being sung at him but I'll really miss the chance to abuse him all throught the game. its become one of the season highlights at WHL and is one of our most enjoyable traditions.
Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

Jermain D, on the other hand, would likely get a warm round of applause. But he's injured, I gather.
morgan
Member # 92

- posted      Profile for morgan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JD can't play tomorrow, some rule or something.

Judas is conveniently injured <yawn> always good to see him struggle as a visitor to the Lane, like Fritz says, it's a highlight when he's a guest.

Posts: 2109 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pompey are fielding a weakened side to give you the chance to make up some of that 14 point gap.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defoe can't play because when he was registered initially it was as a loan signing, and it's those terms that apply. Presumably, as midnight approached on transfer deadline day, that was the only deal that had been struck between Spurs and Portsmouth.
Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Defoe can't play because when he was registered initially it was as a loan signing, and it's those terms that apply.

Didn't Martin Samuel get about 36 columns out of this last season about Tim Howard not playing in Everton v Man United?

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And OTF got 12 pages out of it.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Defoe's deal must have been switched to a loan in the last minute as the huge delay in Benjani's move to Man City was worrying Pompey.They could then convert it to a permanent deal in the days following as long as they shifted the latter player on.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watching the highlights of this on football focus, and the reason that cole apologized for his spectacularly cuntish behaviour was, well, the camera cut to capello and he looked like michael corleone as he was telling al neri to take fredo out into the lake and kill him.

They showed mike reilly talkling to cole as he turned his back on him, and what reilly was saying was "turn around ashley and look at me. Turn around and be calm, or you're going to get yourself sent off."

They then went on to show jamie carragher giving mike reilly a nipple cripple, and john terry putting on a boxing glove and fisting mike reilly. He is a bit of a joke isn't he.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC