This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Spurs v Chelsea/Man Utd v Bolton
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He should have sent off all of those players. But I would question what the response would have been, both from the authorities and the clubs who never accept cards given to their players for dissent or abuse. Riley, like most refs, don't want to be giving cards for that kind of thing because, not only do they get villified for it, but it's regarded as evidence of their inability to control a game.
Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Riley has always reminded me of the weedy ginger-haired character from the BBC's mid-90s sitcom "Game On". I think he can currently be seen in adverts for Specsavers.

Thank God people like Sir Alex are speaking out against the abuse referees face. Luckily, things things like this in no way add to the general culture of disprespect. Bravo, Sir Alex.

[ 22.03.2008, 13:57: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Impact Substitute
Member # 213

- posted      Profile for Impact Substitute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike Riley has always reminded me of that character from Fawlty Towers - the one with Basil the Rat. He's the extremely posh guest who accuses Basil of staring at his fiancees legs. "You grotty little man, I ought to give you a bunch of fives".
Posts: 1074 | From: a whisper to a scream | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought Mike Riley was one of Trevor & Simon.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC