This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Man Utd vs Liverpool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been known to miss the occasional Man Utd vs Liverpool match. Much as I loathe Liverpool, including the ghastly red of their kit and that anorexic culture on the badge, I sometimes just don't care that much. Happily, I've yet to miss a Man Utd against Liverpool since these things have been regularly broadcast in SA.

But Sunday's match I am really looking forward to, because I'l watch it with my 13-year-old nephew, who is a fanatical Liverpool supporter in the way boys his age can be. And if Liverpool get beaten, I'll be crowing. If Liverpool win, I'll shut up his crowing by pointing out that since the Glazer take-over I've not really cared about United other than as he lesser of four evils.

It'll be great fun.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"anorexic culture"?
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's all part of that loveable scouse victimhood (c) B Johnson.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not watched the last few Man Utd v Liverpool games and I don't expect to watch Sundays either. I still hope we don't lose. It's the one match a season I really, really, really want them/us to win.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck. I was supposed to read vulture. Nothing like fucking up a mean-spirited dig with sloppy typing. Bloody vunts.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

It's a shit bird whatever you call it. What the fuck is a liverbird anyway? No one seems to know. Some say it is a cormorant, other say they don't give a fuck.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, how I love watching Man U Fans Who Say They Aren't Man U Fans squirming with the whole "us"/"them", care/don't care thing.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

Yeah, it's quite brilliant. We have the best of both worlds. Something that can be said for Glazer is that he has relieved me of a lot of football-related stress.
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
talk of flinging stones out of the greenhouse - these MU guys with their garden fork wielding goat-man icon complaining about a bird
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your devil is an old man who's lost his false teeth. The liver bird looks wholly non-plussed by his bizarre gurn.
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

You've seen the wads of chewing gum he chews during a match. Can you blame him for losing his teeth?

But a case should be made for club badges acually being representative of their club's playing style. So a pair of baroque looking seahorses seems perfect for your lot, blackdogbeak.

The dig would have greater force if you didn't actually agree with that.

pawlu
Member # 1406

- posted      Profile for pawlu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alternatively  -
Posts: 113 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The seahorse is a creature of grace, beauty and poise; an apt analogue for the kind of centre-halves Newcastle fans have always taken to heart; think Kilcline, think Dabizas.
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
who is a fanatical Liverpool supporter in the way boys his age can be
Are we meant to grow out of it?
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC