This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The 'I'm not sure I can take the excitement' SFL Division 1 Midlands run-in thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The 'I'm not sure I can take the excitement' SFL Division 1 Midlands run-in thread
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, here's the table:

1. Evesham p33 74
2. Leamington p32 68
3. Sutton Coldfield Town p33 66
4. Stourbridge p31 59
5. Aylesbury United p32 59
6. Rushall Olympic p31 58

Evesham look good for the one automatic promotion spot so the real interest is in the teams chasing the play-offs. Especially as they include CTT's adopted Leamington and Stourbridge, spiritual home of the OTF Midlands chapter.

They're playing each other at Stourbridge this Easter Monday, come one, come all. Roll call at the moment is me, CTT, Phoebe Disco and Duncan Gardner.

[ 22.03.2008, 00:12: Message edited by: jon/juan ]

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Leamington Courier haven't given up hope that we (yes, 'we' - until Ken Davy fucks off this is how it's going to be Huddersfield Town) can overhaul Evesham.

They've drawn their last 2 games (including their last home game against Stourbridge) while Leamington come off the back of a good away win at Cinderford and a poor home defeat to Chasetown.

Up the Brakes!

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be in Neath Monday, sorry.
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Stourbridge beat nine man Chasetown in an incident packed match on Tuesday, so it should be good.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

- posted      Profile for jon/juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interestingly, in that Stourbridge Chasetown match midweek, Stourbridge scored both their goals early on, before both the red cards for Chasetown, if memory serves.

Great to get the Leamington angle on things, CTT. I really am absurdly excited about this match at the moment.

Apology accepted, Kowalski. Have a good time anyway.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CTT,
I think that the Leamington Courier might just be onto something. Following on from the great run over the winter The 'Sham are feeling the pressure a bit. I'm thinking of going to the Monday game at Bishop's Cleeve to see if the decline can be arrested.

Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have family in Bishop's Cleeve - I might see if I can get them to pop along to bolster the local team's support.

Interestingly, I am writing this post on an Evesham laptop. It's a work one which I treat like shit, though.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

The 2 games scheduled for today were both cancelled - waterlogged pitches both at Aylesbury and Berkamstead. But there was a game yesterday, which affects the play-offs - Rothwell 0 - Sutton Coldfield Town 2. So Sutton Coldfield leapfrog Leamington to go into 2nd place:

1. Evesham p33 74
2. Sutton Coldfield Town p34 69
3. Leamington p32 68
4. Stourbridge p31 59
5. Aylesbury United p32 59
6. Rushall Olympic p31 58

Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

I hate Sutton Coldfield. My Freeview signal comes from there and it's always breaking up in the middle of any football I'm watching.
glass half empty
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for glass half empty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evesham show some bottle and pick up 6 vital points from the Easter double. 1 - 0 over Romulus and a 3 - 1 win at Bishop's Cleeve. Unfortunately, I never saw it as the buggers switched the kick off time to midday. I can't even blame Sky TV. The Champers is on the ice.
Posts: 79 | From: Evesham | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

Poor Leamington. My adoption of a team is a surefire way for it to fall to pieces.

Stourbridge won 2-1 with the winner a stunning last kick of the game volley.

Very enjoyable 'thon too. See you in the play-offs!

Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you adopt Bradford Park Avenue? And my thread? It's currently the longest nil thread in OTF history.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P.D.F.
Member # 1056

- posted      Profile for P.D.F.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chesham could well be Hull City "coming into form at the right time of the season" of this piece. I saw them win 1-0 at Sutton Coldfield yesterday. Deserved it too, they did.
Though them wearing Brazil colours was going a little too far.

Posts: 14 | From: The Jewellery Quarter | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jon/juan
Member # 1057

Highest crowd of the season for Stourbridge yesterday. They must have known we were coming.

Seriously though, I was really impressed by Leamington's away support and a quick check on the southern football league website, (a website I'm visiting more and more frequently), shows that they have by far the biggest crowds of the division.

Well done to glass half empty - with Evesham winning and Leamington losing it looks like they might have the title sewn up. Strange they went for an early kick off - I can only hypothesise that the SFL were going for some kind of Grand Slam Monday deal and staggering the kick off times to allow the legions of groundhoppers to get to both the big games on this most vital of days.

A good turnout for our 'thon and thanks to everyone for making the effort. It was especially good to finally meet Duncan Gardner (and his brother too!). Commiserations to CTT and Leamington - Stourbridge scored in the last minute of injury time but "them's the Brakes." (Sorry, just had to say it one more time!)

By the way, props to Don to for his sterling work over there on the NFL thread - the inspiration for all other non-league threads. (There - have I given it enough of a push now?)
<winky smily thing>

Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is Romulus?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC