This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » While Sky brings us "Grand Slam Sunday" S4C brings us "Scintilating Saturday" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: While Sky brings us "Grand Slam Sunday" S4C brings us "Scintilating Saturday"
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carmarthen Town v Bangor City, KO 5:15. Available on all good decoders.

Enjoy!!!

Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And ten times better than the over-hyped shite you'll watch the following day!
Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to start the weekend with RTE's "Frivolous Friday" that is Cork City v Derry City.
Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And ten times better than the over-hyped shite you'll watch the following day!
In what way?

I enjoy attending games down to a very low level but the appeal of that is the whole package you get actually at the game. As a televised experience, a higher level of football is generally more appealling.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

- posted      Profile for Jorge Porbillas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh for fuck's sakes Harry - it's Good Friday it was a throw away comment. It wasn't meant to start a long intensive discussion on the merits of televised football. It was made in support of Welsh Premier football because it gets a raw deal in Wales and because I follow Bangor City when I can't get to Wrexham matches.

Sunday's offerings will be hyped to hell and will, no doubt, dissapoint, but, hey ho ...

Posts: 7152 | From: the lower reaches of the Fifa rankings | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
surely there has to be more than one game to qualify for an adjective
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do haverfordwest actually get shown on S4C? having cancelled sky and sentanta, S4C is now my primary source of cheeky extra football
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jorge Porbillas
Member # 143

Hwlffordd regularly appear on the highlights programme rick
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Personally, I enjoyed 'Wonky Wednesday' at The Lane...)
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet
Member # 6498

- posted      Profile for Aldo Simoncini's Clean Sheet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how I avoided this, but i've only just seen what this 'Grand Slam Sunday' nonsense is all about. 'Top 4' in action again, how boring.

Don't expect much in the way of Away Support in Carmarthen on Sunday, seeing as it's on TV. You going down Kowalski? I can't even make the Welsh Cup semi the following week.

Posts: 714 | From: Anglesey, North Wales | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is "Grand Slam" a common phrase in British English?
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really, except in the context of Rugby and Tennis. But the fact that the 6 Nations has just been played has put the term in the minds of the hype-masters.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Golf too, I thought.

I always wondered if all the rugby types had any clue of its origins in baseball.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Historically, certainly not. In recent years, almost certainly.
Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aldo, not going to Carmarthen, I'll have to make to with Junction today. I'll be in Neath though.
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC