This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » "Jewell's trousers and pants go down faster than Derby in May" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Jewell's trousers and pants go down faster than Derby in May"
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More to the point, why should anyone but Mrs Jewell and the Jewellettes give a shit about what or whom Jewell gets up to?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, is there anything more to this story than that Paul Jewell has done sex with a lady?
Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a touch of the Ivy Tilsley about Mrs Jewell, isn't there?
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, is there anything more to this story than that Paul Jewell has done sex with a lady?
Well, he's a reasonably famous bloke and it's on tape, where he says some reasonably funny stuff.

Granted, it's a salacious gossip story and not an intellectual investigation into something highbrow, but most people find gossip interesting. Don't know why - possibly something in human nature and all that.

Threads like this will always appear on OTF (and other football forums) G-Man. If it troubles you, I suggest you don't bother clicking on them any more.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Granted, it's a salacious gossip story
Well that's the thing. It isn't salacious. It's not even tittilating or funny on its own tawdry terms. Anyone finding this salacious, well, God knows what would happen if they ever saw a lady's naked booby.

[ 25.03.2008, 10:51: Message edited by: You Are The Ref ]

Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

And another thing, the idea that Derby are going to take until May to go down shows either an absurd optimism, or a lack of attention to detail sadly all to prevalent in modern football humour.

[ 25.03.2008, 10:53: Message edited by: You Are The Ref ]

ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone finding this salacious, well, God knows what would happen if they ever saw a lady's naked booby.

The story carries all the erotic allure of wet cardboard. All I was thinking about was whether I'd want to be a Derby County fan at that moment in time. You're at the bottom of the Prem and destined to be one of the worst clubs - probably the worst - in that league since its inception. Every game you have offers only the pride gained by the possibility of how good a damage limitation job you can muster. You become a footnote, overshadowed by a bunch of teams who are merely mediocre rather than powerfully dreadful.

On top of all this, your manager conducts bedroom congregations with a married woman and captures it all on camera for the joy of a tabloid shit-machine and a bemused nation.

You wouldn't want to go outside your front door.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, salacious was the wrong choice of word wasn't it?

How embarrassing...

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Threads like this will always appear on OTF (and other football forums) G-Man. If it troubles you, I suggest you don't bother clicking on them any more.
Oh, I do enjoy a bit of gossip as much as anyone, CTT. I don't feel very comfortable deriving enjoyment from it though. I don't think the world would be a worse place and my life emptier if Jewell's adventures were not brought to public attention.

My criticism wasn't directed at the existence of this thread, but at the notion that Jewell's affair is anybody else's business. And this thread seems a good place to introduce a discssion about privacy and ethics and such things.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone ever seen Paul Jewell and Peter Kay in the same room together? (In a non-sexual way, you wiseacres)
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC