This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » The new England captain (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The new England captain
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm most excited about what a certain match report will make of this unexpected turn of events.

Seppings: merked.

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to think of any England regulars who I wouldn't have placed ahead of Ferdinand.

Wayne Rooney, perhaps.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ferdinand has been made 6/4 favourite to be made permanent captain by, I think, Ladbrokes.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tratorello
Member # 604

- posted      Profile for tratorello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The biggest gormless twunt of them all has been picked to lead the rest of the gormless twunts, makes perfect sense to me.
Posts: 1718 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think it's a bad idea at all.

gerrard is a terrible captain - weak, egotistical and stupid. see his failure to exert any influence last sunday at old trafford. all he did was shout at mascherano after he'd been sent off. he gets away with it at liverpool because the fans love him, but a lot of england fans are justifiably sceptical about a player who usually fails when he plays for their team.

terry's evident physical decline means he doesn't have a long term future with england, and i believe he is actually less intelligent than rio ferdinand.

rooney is too immature and aggressive. gary neville and david james are too old. ashley cole is too much of a cunt. hargreaves is german. beckham renounced the captaincy in 2006. nobody else is established enough. so rio is the obvious choice.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muzz Lightyear
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Muzz Lightyear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gareth Barry could do it
Posts: 1400 | From: infinity and beyond | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
hargreaves is german.

Hahahahahaha.

Brilliant!

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure that handing the captaincy to Rio is a great idea at all. There's a lot of extra responsibility that comes with being captain. You've got the additional photoshoots with the ballboys and mascots before the game, to start with, and then you've got to remember to carry out the national pennant and some flowers before the game. Then, after the game, you've got to be the first to give the official post-match interview alongside the manager, and at the post-match function, you've got to remember to sit at the top table next to the dignitaries from the other lot, and not let any fire extinguishers off for a laugh.

It's a lot of pressure to heap on an international sportsman whose real forte is heading the ball thirty yards away into the crowd and then bellowing "Fucking hell, come on!" at his fellow defenders. The last time Rio was faced with these kind of additional demands he forgot he had to piss in a bottle.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And Rogin steams in with a post of the week contender.
Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Expect all team mates' jerseys to be hung on each other's pegs while Captain Bladder hides in the showers, stifling a guffaw as he primes his trusty camcorder.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bare in mind that Capello does not give a rat-arse about who is captain in his team, as far as he is concerned the 11 players do jump when they are told to by him, armband or not.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this decision is more about who hasn't been chosen (Terry) than who has. With the media confidently predicting that ratboy would be handed the armband, despite his referee-surrounding antics at White Hart Lane last week, Capello has taken the opportunity to fire off a little warning shot.

Ultimately Terry looks likely to end up captain for competitive matches, unless somebody who isn't detested by at least 25% of the population (and can't remember the 70s) starts clocking up regular appearances. King, say.

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Capello was impressed by the way Rio and those he led as vice-captain didn't bitch at the referee on Sunday.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but when interviewed yesterday about the captaincy , Ferdinand pointed out that he occasionally led out Man U in Gary Neville's absence but normally "Giggsy took on the mantelpiece".

[ 26.03.2008, 11:03: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No wonder he's slowed down.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC