This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Our Claus No Longer In The Middle Of Defence

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Our Claus No Longer In The Middle Of Defence
Lucy Waterman It Be
Member # 1075

- posted      Profile for Lucy Waterman It Be     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lundekvam retires.

Just over 400 games for Southampton, a good few of them nightmares, but many of them remarkable.

* He used to have funny hair.

* He only ever scored two goals for Saints, both against teams managed by Dave Jones. He looked really surprised both times (Lundekvam, I mean, although now you come to mention it...)

* He was really good when playing with Dean Richards and Michael Svennson.

* He smokes lots of fags.

* Hoddle played him as a winger once. He was hilariously shit.

* During a bad spell of form, he was beaten up in a takeaway by some of our own fans.

* He scored Norway's 1,000 international goal. I haven't seen it, but I bet he looked really surprised.

* He should have been sent off in the first minute of the 2003 FA Cup Final.

* He could score own goals with either foot, or his head.

My fondest personal memory was watching Saints play Watford years back, when Claus was presented with an open goal. He looked so sweetly baffled, hesitating for several seconds before rolling the ball slowly to the feet of a returning Alec Chamberlain.

Play Golf In Peace.

Posts: 2972 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Claus. It's been months and months now that every fortnight, I turn to Captain's Chat with Claus to read, alternately 'I'll be back in two weeks, the ankle is much better' and 'Oh dear, the ankle is much worse, but guess what? I get to spend Christmas and New Year in Bergen with the wife and kids. Hahahaha. Ooops, I mean, I'm devastated to be missing out on playing Coventry.'

Bless him. I will miss him.

[ 25.03.2008, 19:02: Message edited by: lyra ]

Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A sad day for Saints all round, what with Bradley and Nathan getting arrested. That's leaving out the whole 'being rubbish' thing.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Otto Katz
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Otto Katz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
* He scored Norway's 1,000 international goal. I haven't seen it, but I bet he looked really surprised.
He sure did. It was scored from about a yard out, with his stomach.

My most vivid memory of Claus was back before he went to England. He was a young and promising defender playing for Brann, at a time when their biggest rivals Rosenborg were completely dominating.

In 1996, Brann travelled to Trondheim to play Rosenborg, and they got wallopped ten nil. It was a complete and utter humiliation, and at five or six down young Claus clearly felt he had been mocked enough so he ploughed down Harald Brattbakk in what was more a statement than a foul. "Please send me off, ref".

Here we go, about 1.05 in.

A little while later he was signed by Graeme Souness.

Posts: 2909 | From: the examining of the entrails of sacrificial geese | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC