This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » Pundit tells the truth = Sack

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pundit tells the truth = Sack
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7313186.stm
Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's fucking outrageous! (that he's been sacked, that is)
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i don't think james was "sacked" as such, the BBC are just not using him on their programmes for a while. he doesn't work for the bbc, he works for real radio wales.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He worked for BBC Wales on their version of score on BBC1 and whenever there was a live match.

We're all supposed to be one big happy family in Wales.

Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Nathan, even if it was only a episodic gig, the reaction is ridiculous. One wonders if there isn't another story here.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christ.

TV shows hire these ex-pros for their allegiances (the presenter jovially geeing them into saying something partisan) as much as their expertise, and when they actually get off the fence, they lose the gig.

Shameful.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He should have been sacked when he got a conviction for drink driving, but it's obviously ridiculous to sack/not use him for this.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

Did you know that he's also a lollipop man, and very good at it too,

http://www.burnleycitizen.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1469296.mostviewed.clarets_star_taffy_now_a_lollipop_man.php

He may have been part of a witch hunt

http://www.alastaircampbelldiaries.co.uk/diary_420.html

Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing in that link that I could see that supports it.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

I wasn't being entirely serious, I was trying to make an implicit connection between the author and his relationship with the BBC.

Maybe BBC Wales is trying to stop criticism/divergence from the accepted line becuase of the effect it has. 2 examples

1)The roots of the alienation of Savage, Hughes et al from Tosh has it's roots in the after-match musings made by Tosh in 2003 on BBC Wales.

2) The Welsh Rugby Captain Gareth Thomas suffered a mini-stroke after a rigourous question and answer session on BBC Wales.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/4815772.stm

Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what reflects worse on BBC Wales, the fact that were still employing a moronic old cunt like James or the fact that they have "suspended" him for these comments.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC