This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » QPR's Kit Coup

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: QPR's Kit Coup
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've no idea but this seems like an awful lot of money. What sort of sponsorship price does a mid-table Championship team usually get for its kit?
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erwin
Member # 403

- posted      Profile for erwin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Money laundering. Allegedly.
Posts: 3378 | From: just this side of beyond all hope | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that article doesn't tell you what a mid-table championship club is getting for its kit. it tells you a notional premiership club might earn 4m a season. that would be in the top half of premier league kit deals based on 2006 figures.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that article doesn't tell you what a mid-table championship club is getting for its kit.

Yes, I know the deal is end-loaded, still that's what we are at the moment.

[ 26.03.2008, 01:21: Message edited by: Amor de Cosmos ]

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Garcia says, the figures bandied about on issues like this are always highly speculative.

We (Cardiff, and Wales actually) had a deal with Lotto while a D4 team on their last attempt to break in to the British market and apart from nice innovative design (which they've lost the knack of judging by the template used on recent Serbia, Ukraine and Swindon kits) there was not great benefit.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were there lots of jokes about how CCFC always "roll over"?
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not really. Our wearing of a Lotto kit pre-dated the rebranding of the National Lottery which occurred in 2002.

I hope this has been of help.

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC