This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Football » 4 x 4

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 x 4
Big Dave's Gusset
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Big Dave's Gusset     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 matches I enjoyed

1. Birmingham City 4 Swindon Town 6. Easter Monday 1993. 4-1 down with 20 minutes left, Town turn it round with five late goals. Birmingham fans so livid that they start scrapping each other.

2. England 4 Czechoslovakia 2. April 1990. My first trip to Wembley and almost as pumped up as Paul Gascoigne.

3. Leicester City 3 Swindon Town 4. Play Off Final 1993. Swindon cruised into a 3-0 lead before getting the jitters and letting in three quick goals. Grown men sat sobbing in the Swindon end. However, Leicester had exhaused themselves and the last ten minutes were all Swindon. Cult hero Steve White was bundled over in the penalty area and Paul Bodin stepped up to calmly slot the ball home. That man knew how to take a penalty under pressure alright.

4. Swindon 3 Leeds 2. April 1990. Leeds were top of the old second division, Swindon in the chasing pack. A great match on a Sunday afternoon at a packed County Ground. I remember looking on in astonishment as a group of blokes in the Town End took off their jumpers to reveal Leeds tops. Mayhem predictably ensued. Swindon played some great football under Ardiles and knocked the ball around beautifully. I recall the sight of Vinnie Jones angrilly chasing after the ball as the Swindon midfield confidently stroked it around him. Sweet.

4 items of merchandise I have owned

1. A fridge magnet with an apostrophe in the wrong place: Legends of 69' indeed.

2. A mug with "Swindon Town - The Rokerites!" written on the side.

3. A mug with "A big mug for a big fan of a big club" written on the side. It's got the Swindon badge on it, but it doesn't actually specify whether it relates to the text in any way.

4. A TOFFS shirt that has been worn once. When washed the colours ran and it now has a pink collar.

4 games I haven't enjoyed

1. Swindon 0 Ipswich 6. 1999. At half time the score was 4-0 and Swindon were down to ten men. It's the earliest I've ever left a match.

2. Barnet 1 Swindon 1 (Barnet win 3-0 on penalties). January 2008. The only time I've ever left a penalty shoot-out early. In missing every penalty, Swindon explored the entire range of failure. Their first penalty hit the bar, the next sailed over the bar, the third hit the post, and the final one was saved. If they'd been allowed to take a fifth it would have ended up in an own goal.

3. Oxford 3 Swindon 0. April 1996. Ugh.

4. Swindon 0 MK Dons 1. April 2006. Hearing the Franchise fans chant "Who are you?" gave me a nosebleed.

4 goals I have scored

1. A delicate chip from the edge of the area when playing for the cubs. The fact that the goalkeeper was only about 4 feet tall should not detract from this fine finish.

2. A mazy run past three defenders and a confident finish when playing for my school team. Have it, Commonwheel Comprehensive School.

3. A deflected effort that sealed a hat-trick on a snowy pitch against local rivals, St Joseph's Catholic School. I got told off for celebrating like Mick Channon, with the windmill arm thingy.

4. OTF Kickabout. A finely-measured through ball from WTR saw my race (ahem) on and slot the ball past an advancing Wingco, whom I think was having a spell in goal becase he'd twisted his ankle. This should in no way detract from...etc.

Your go.

[ 26.03.2008, 12:37: Message edited by: Big Dave's Gusset ]

Posts: 2991 | From: Duck Island | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC