This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Switch Beat top 10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Switch Beat top 10
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love this stuff, don't you? So much more euphoric than all that grim Meth-House stuff that was clogging up the pirates earlier this year, or indeed last year's Two-Fuse craze.

I'm probably not as clued in as some of you chaps, but here's my faves list, presented in a humble don't-know-much-about-switch-but-I-know-what-I-like spirit.

1. Trellix: "Plangent Solitude"
2. Tha Bull Terryaz feat Scary Mary: "Whoop!"
(A bit noveltyish, I know, and we'll all cringe in a couple of years, but come on - earworm of the summer!)
3. Risky Ricky: "Needle In The Red"
4. Al-Kyyda: "Danger UXB" (SE22 mix)
5. Jump Lead Vs DJ Dimples: "The Lisp"
6. Repeat Burglar: "You Get Me?"
7. Stun Gun Steppaz: "Rugrat Taxation"
8. Pynk Jinx introducing MC Morg: "Slip Inside The Silk"
9: Laughing Boy & Crossfader Chucky: "Haaa!"
10. Xszybilant: "Xszybilant" (Porque Swordfish mix)
(I think that's how you spell it)

Loads more I could have squeezed in, but over to you...

[ 18-06-2002, 00:29: Message edited by: Spearmint Rhino ]

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reefer Chief- "My Beamer Is Cleaner"
Admiral Scoob and Stepney- "X Amount of Bling"
Mizz Tayk- "Oh No Not Again"
Scarlet and Black- "My Love Is Like A New Car"
Yardie Boss AKA Gareth- "Keep Smilin' Thru The Bullets"
Hackney Spackney- "Boom Sound"

Anyway, one interesting point about this muso dance sub-genre talk is that Techstep- as mentioned on my thread below- was actually a term coined by No U-Turn Records, a rare example of someone other than a journo labelling a scene. Actually, speed garage was coined by a bloke in our Camden shop, but you get my point.

Other muso-talk can obviouly get a bit self-justificatory ("this genre exists because I can do a top 10"), but techstep was a definite sound.

Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pirates round my way have been draining these SmackStep plates lately:

Skruface vs Tim-E-Stretch: "Horny Mutant Jizz"
City Gent: "Eeeuuurrrruuurrrrgghh" (Jones rub)
Pinhedz feat. Boom T'ing: "Skagadoo" (OK, it's more MicroFace really but check those chewy treads!)
Hurtaz Mishin: "Wivattadaht" (Drowsy D comin' with the boss trinkets on that one)
Turkish Bob: "Kokinjekt"

(Can't do you a top ten 'cause there aren't that many yet)

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC