This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The Langley Schools Music Project Part Deux

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Langley Schools Music Project Part Deux
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just how good was that today?

Write up to come once I've cleared my head...

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a concert and it was completely free. Consisted of 240 Wandsworth school kids onstage accompanied by a hyperactive music teacher/conductor performing about 75% of the songs from the featured album.

45 minutes of hairs standing up on your arms emotional music, highlight for me was the rendition of "Desperado", using 4 soloists, only one of them hit a bum note, the first and final singers had amazing voices. "God only knows" was also something special, but it was all pretty faultless. All the pupils enthusiasm for the songs was really touching, even the kids out of sight at the back of the stage were rocking to the sounds.

The audience was pretty cool too, I got there about 5 and was pretty surprised how empty it was, it filled up quite quickly with a lot of parents, relatives and friends, which I guess made up over half the audience. Only towards the start of the show did the place really fill up.

I remember someone on the last thread about saying it couldn't work with a bunch of Bermondsey school-kids singing the songs, that it was the Canadianess that made the album. I thought this would be the case too, but the South London accents were very much in evidence during the songs, especially when the songs reached their crescendos, but it didn't spoil it one bit, just added to the whole experience.

What a great concert.

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC