This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » VH1's 100 Worst Videos (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: VH1's 100 Worst Videos
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - well found, sir...
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's even more impressive when you actually listen to the song and realise he's imploring - on a kid's TV show that looks like something out of 1975 - not to suck your bosses dick and instead, be a heroin-addicted rent boy like he is.

This catapults it to the Greatest Video Ever, if you ask me.

[ 02-11-2002, 21:43: Message edited by: Nishlord ]

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pales into insignificance alongside these epics, I realise, but the worst video I can remember seeing was for "Souvenir" by OMD.

Andy McCluskey drives a sports car down some pretty country roads and Paul Humphreys wanders about by a lake. They try to look moody but just succeed in looking vacant and faintly embarrassed. You keep waiting for something to happen. Nothing does. The video peters out. It's a shame, because it's an excellent song.

Tears for Fears did a fairly wince-inducing video set in a car park and corridor of what looks like an office building in the Reading area. I think it might have been for "Shout".

Whatever happened to Paul Humphreys, by the way? Wasn't he supposed to have started a band called The Listening Pool?

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I was forgetting the U2 "Buffalo" video for One.

Beavis:"Heh...hehehehe...hey...this video really means something."

Butthead:"Yeah...hehehehe....it means something stupid."

The paramedics needed a whole tank of oxygen to get me back to stable breathing patterns.

Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for Sopwith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone remember in about '91, a song with the chorus: "Stop the war in Croatia"?

For all it's purposes, the video was just news footage.

Posts: 187 | From: Baysie | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keli R
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Keli R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Abnormal wrote:
quote:
I can't remember if he [Walter Stern] directed the Smack My Bitch Up video
Nope, that clip was by Jonas ┼ckerlund - who also directed "My Favourite Game" by The Cardigans and "Ray Of Light" by Madonna.

And re: the inspirational Bobby Conn, surely some indie has to take a potshot and release "Never Get Ahead" in the UK? I have no idea how many times VH1 have repeated that countdown so far, but I've heard more whispering and buzz about the track than anything else VH1 has ever shown! So c'mon, Twisted Nerve, sign Mr Conn's product, put the video on the single, and send "Never Get Ahead" into the top 40. Do we need to point out it's 25 years since Ivor Biggun's "Winker's Song (Misprint)" became the first top 40 for legendary independent Beggars Banquet...

Posts: 1114 | From: Where the streets have two names | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was dancing in the street, the jagger and bowie version on that list somewhere? truly frightening television, enough to turn any child into a homophobic murderer.

Was Rio by Duran Duran, on there as well, or that crazy song, "you spin me right round" (whatever it is called)

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC