This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Marillion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marillion
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What gives Fish the right to sit there making rude comments about Bad News? What's his band ever done?
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Misplaced Childhood is one of my favourite albums ever.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warriors of Genghis Khan is one of my favourite songs ever. You wait till Purves Grundy gets here.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish they'd written a song called 'Worriers of Genghis Khan' instead. It would at least have had potential.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Wind-Up Bird
Member # 1176

- posted      Profile for Mr. Wind-Up Bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember buying Misplaced Childhood from a charity shop for 50p. I was eleven. It was a great relief when I realised that not being able to get into it was not some deficit in my nascent musical appreciation and taste, and was instead because it was unspeakable, overblown shite. Sorry, Hof.
Posts: 664 | From: The bottom of the well, holding a baseball bat | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all, Mr. W. You are very much in the majority. I don't actually like that sort of stuff generally, but I've always loved Misplaced Childhood.

It has some great songs on it, but also works perfectly as a complete album, I think.
But I don't expect others to agree.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've never heard Misplaced Childhood. Marillion were one of the bands courting my favours in the sixth form, as i used to hang out in the prog/heavy corner of the coffee bar on occasion. i might download it tonight, as a kind of dirty little treat.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Misplaced Childhood" I found to be a little too sacchrine.

Radio 1 broadcasted a couple of their live shows back in the 1980s. Marillion did a particularly good "Sight and Sound in Concert", as I recall.

Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Misplaced Childhood is one of my favourite albums ever
agree 100%, played it constantly revising for my first year exams at Uni (ok, poly)

bought SFAJT again recently, still excellent

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
More of a Clutching At Straws man myself. Shame it was at that point that both warring components of the band hit their lyrical/musical peak, then toiled away separately in increasingly disappointing cul-de-sacs.

I was dragged along to the New Marillion gig last summer at the Astoria. Felt nowt.

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC