This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The Frames (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Frames
Melbourne Arab
Member # 1389

- posted      Profile for Melbourne Arab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fatima Mansions, the band, as LFD mentions were from Cork. However Fatima Mansions, the housing estate (the inspiration for the name?) was definitely in Dublin
That'll be why I got confused as to where they came from.

One of my favourite Irish albums is the brilliant Miss Mauger by Operating Theatre not sure if they were from Dublin.

Posts: 854 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GDU, I had the, er, pleasure of seeing the Frames about five years ago, and I'm pretty sure they did it that night. Although I did spend a fair chunk of the gig in the bar.
Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Frames do covers of loads of songs at their gigs, from the sublime to the nursery rhyme
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
noby comes out of the closet
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The shame.
I'm sure I outed myself earlier on this thread. They played their new album from start to finish, then tagged on the hits'n'covers at the end.
The sameyness of the songs and his 'intense' sincerity in his delivery was easily outdone by the scarily over-the-top adoration by his fans (they seemed to be more 'Glen' fans than Frames fans).
Even some of my friends became unrecognisable freaks.

Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

He's been pretty droll any time I've seen him (but humour is kind of a personal thing)

[ 28.02.2008, 11:05: Message edited by: Loose Cannon ? ]

noby
Member # 1429

I'm not doubting his droll sense of humour, although between songs all I could hear was screams of "Glen!!!"
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are the best places to get bladdered in Belfast?

They are many and varied, Lieutenant.
The place is Temple-Bar Lite now since the end of hostilities with pissed-up stag / hen English people wandering around in large groups mostly good-natured, it must be said.
Needless to say I preferred it the way it was only without the random sectarian murders, of course.It's pretty happening if you're the sort of person who enjoys discos (I know, I know, I'm an old fart but I refuse to call a place where some trumpet plays CD's in order for people to drink WKD and dance to bleepity-bleep a club

Anyway, there's always the best venue in the country, which has live music most nights where luminaries like us can hang out and drink the band's beer rider while they're onstage.
There are spare rooms at Tomato towers should any of you chaps manage to make it over the non-existant border some weekend.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck's sake. I pinch ONE pineapple bacardi from a Jim Morrison lookalike, and ye're still casting up years later [Wink]

For Gypsy, a Rhythm kings top three

3 Ain't no sinner
2 How come I was the last to know?
1 John Wayne

PS less of yer non-existent border, anti-partition boy...

[ 29.02.2008, 07:02: Message edited by: Duncan Gardner v8.2 ]

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

Fuck's sake. I pinch ONE pineapple bacardi from a Jim Morrison lookalike, and ye're still casting up years later

Heh, that's some guilt complex you got goin' on there.
Don't sweat it, I've been doing it for years.
Hope to see you there soon too.

Border-schmorder.
You know it doesn't exist, I know it doesn't exist.
Even Dessie O'Hare, the Border Goose, has retrained for a new job.

It only exists in peoples <sniff> hearts.
If only we could live in peace.
Like.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dessie O'Hare- for fox's sake?

Gusty, I think we have the making of a deal. Ye persuade Rocky Devalera, Milkboy, Shay Stadium and Mong the drummer out of retirement for one last Rhythm kings gig at the Empire, and I'll personally hand over the keys to Stormont as we move on to the newly federated Republic of Yugoirlandia [Wink]

Failing that, I will try to get to the glamarama soon.

The thing is, I don't even LIKE bacardi.

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Wind-Up Bird
Member # 1176

- posted      Profile for Mr. Wind-Up Bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Meant to add for Shane that the etymology of spide comes from Spiderman.Not sure aynone knows why, but it's common parlance among non-spides.

If I remember right, it started after young ballbags moved on from Spencers' 20-pleaters to those fucking awful checked jeans that looked a bit like the bottom half of a Spiderman costume.

I went on a few epic bar tours over Christmas in town - I clearly don't know anywhere in Belfast any more. The back bar in Lavery's looks more like a sauna. Even the pub near my house has been closed due to a vigorous disagreement from some local hoods over a barring.

[ 01.03.2008, 20:32: Message edited by: Mr. Wind-Up Bird ]

Posts: 664 | From: The bottom of the well, holding a baseball bat | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

Not some local Finns or Turks because they used the wrong sort of birches in the sauna bar? [Wink]
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

If I remember right, it started after young ballbags moved on from Spencers' 20-pleaters to those fucking awful checked jeans that looked a bit like the bottom half of a Spiderman costume.

A superb theory, Mr.W-UB, and quite possibly correct.
Should have let me know you were in town over Xmas.

Lavery's back bar fucking felt like a sauna tonight. I crept out for a crafty pint as a really nice geezer called Richard from Belle and Sebastian was DJ'ing in our gaff, so there wasn't much for me to do.

The thing is, I don't even LIKE bacardi.

Hahaha, if it's free, we'll drink it.

and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
kila are lazy fusion shit. If they were any good they'd play it properly.

I've been to see them now and I marvel at how right I was.

"Lets play a badly tradded up version of pachelbels cannon."

lazy wanky shite.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC