This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The Frames (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Frames
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or how about 'Menstrual Blood In My Mint Julep'? That'd be a good PJ Harvey B-side
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And of course 'Mint Julep In My Menstrual Blood' by Joanna Newsom
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble with this game is, you run out of bodily fluids so quickly... arf! 'Sweat In My Sangria'?
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A herd has formed
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we're not exploring the Synonymal and rhyming possibilities enough. Weeping In My Laposong Suchong, Tearful With a Skinful, etc.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

'Oozing While I'm Boozing'
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't know why the Outspan thing would offend him. He out to be flattered, Outspan looks cool as fuck. Whereas Frames man looks like he's being forced to sing at gunpoint.
no SSS, the thing is they really are the same guy - your man from the frames played the character outspan foster in the commitments. he gets pissed off because that was 15 years ago and he wants to be taken seriously as an artist in his own right. we always want what we cannot have...
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Ah, really. Hahahahaha. That's even worse. "You used to look vaguely cool, what happened?"
mackstress
Member # 1485

'Seeping In My Gin Sling'.
Sorry, loose cannon, a title like that is fair game.

Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Bawling While I'm Pub Crawling
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why has the Republic of Ireland been so consistently crap at pop music? I mean, Ireland has a great historical musical tradition - though it's not to everyone here's taste - but they just can't seem to do pop and rock properly.

Sorry about the absence of puns. I'll think of some when I'm on me break.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

I like Thin Lizzy a lot. Them were pretty good. Who else is Irish?
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one reason might be that there was very little pop music around in ireland until pirate radio got going in the late 70s, and even then that was only heard by a minority audience. 2fm was the first non-saxon pop station available all over ireland and that was launched in 1981.

edit - sorry, 2fm actually launched in 1979.

[ 30.11.2006, 20:37: Message edited by: marques garcia de pombal ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

'Not Feeling Hale As I Sup My Ale'
And yet, a lot of the great bands from north-west England are the children of Irish immigrants.

Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Second-generation Irish people, on the other hand, have had a massive influence on pop culture since the mid-70s: John Lydon, Boy George, Kevin Rowland, The Smiths, er, Oasis.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC