This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The Frames (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Frames
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're playing the Paradiso Thursday night, but a) we've got friends from Caithness coming to stay that night and b) the cigarette smoke there gives me asthma. (The Paradiso people are too cheap to install anything like ventilation).

BUT, it would almost be worth going just for the opportunity to throw a fragmentation grenade into the support band's changing room. For they are non other than the fucking god-awful 'BellX1' - whose fucking miserable version of 'Another Girl Another Planet' on that Vodaphone ad, almost - no actually it completely did - ruin my Christmas.

Cnuts.

I've never actually heard The Frames though, so I can't comment on their music.

[ 13.02.2007, 16:27: Message edited by: The Purple Cow ]

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty strong reaction to a song - I haven't experienced the Vodafone ad yet
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucky you, you are not likely to experience it now. It was a Christmas special advertising some new offer or other, and featured lots of pseudo victorian-era circus acts.
Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great!

They did an unplugged set in support - laid back mellow stuff, worked for me

[ 14.02.2007, 15:52: Message edited by: Loose Cannon ? ]

Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saw them last night great gig, they weave a wonderful tapestry of music interspersed with a bit of wacky repartee.
quote:
They did an unplugged set in support - laid back mellow stuff, worked for me
Fucking hell. Does anyone have a bucket? Quick.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
make that two buckets alice
Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

(dammit, inappropriate vocabulary for music thread)
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that a thread I started on the bloody Frames has become a century thread.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It hasn't.

Oh, I see what you are doing...

Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was rounding up (and looking for a willing stooge to make the 98th post).
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

Anyway, as I was saying, I can't believe that a thread I started on the bloody Frames has become a century thread.
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

Glen Hansard has now been given the stamp of approval from The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

It's stunning. I keep a straight face but I'm laughing through my nostrils.

This is way better than being knighted (Sir Paul McCarthy, Geldof et al). As a result I think he has earned a title, the Mighty Minim or his Most Excellent Crotchetness. Couldn't happen to a better busker.

The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fucking ridiculous. Fucking outspan cunt.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why the hatred?

Actually, is that a Dublin thing? You don't find much praise for Dublin acts from the Dublin contingent here.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gypsydownunder
Member # 257

- posted      Profile for gypsydownunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a Dublin thing.

There are not many Dubliners here - there are a number of culchies who live in Dublin though.

I'm a Dubliner (in exile) and I loved Dublin acts like :
The Boomtown Rats (even though they're southside)
Thin Lizzy
Virgin Prunes
The Rhythm Kings
THE FAMOUS FOUR-PIECE
Aslan
In Tua Nua, in fact I still have dreamy thoughts when I'm pissed about Leslie Dowdall and apparently she's still, after 20 years, rather distractingly pleasent on the eye.

Posts: 524 | From: Sydney | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC