This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Yacht Rock (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Yacht Rock
Toxteth O'Grady
Member # 943

- posted      Profile for Toxteth O'Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don Henley's "Boys of Summer."
Posts: 518 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Dance Hall Days" Wang Chung
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our 40-footers are all bobbing around in the wake of the Capri-bound leviathan that is Derek's suggestion of "Crockett's Theme".

However, I'd like to think that Hip To Be Square by Huey Lewis & The News and That's Just The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby & The Range are forming a mini-flotilla of their own and striking out in the direction of St Tropez Marina.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tsk. You can't have dinner parties on yachts.

Big fuck-off motorboats are not yachts.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins qualify?
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

A yacht.

-

A big fuck-off motorboat.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
yacht (some phonetic stuff goes here) n. & v. . n. 1 a light sailing-vessel, esp. equipped for racing. 2 a larger usu. power-driven vessel equipped for cruising
That's not me talking, that's The Oxford English Dictionary.

Now stop whining, I'm trying to listen to Nils Lofgren's solo album.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

The OED knows fuck all about boats, innit?
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

Ah, that's better, I can finally hear the words to Let's Work by Mick Jagger. If I remember the track listing properly it's his duet with David Bowie up next.

South Americaaaaaaa, ah, that takes me back. Valparaiso, Chile, late 1973. Happy days.

Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Rupert Holmes Pina Colada fit? Or Boz Scaggs Lowdown?
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Walsh - "Life's Been Good"
Christopher Cross - "Ride Like The Wind"
Climax Blues Band - "Couldn't Get It Right"
Stephen Stills - "Love The One You're With"
Fleetwood Mac - "Big Love"

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Butterhook
Member # 664

- posted      Profile for Butterhook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take My Breath Away - Berlin
Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits
Black Velvet - Allanah Myles

The Hustle is the ultimate in Yacht Disco, but in a good way.

Posts: 907 | From: Caldmore Green | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Purves, I'm not sure about "That's Just The Way It Is" as Yacht Rock. It sounds right, but I'm not sure the hand-wringing liberalism of the lyrics would go well with the Dom Perignon and beluga.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now' by Starship?
'You're The Voice' by John Farnham?

[ 18.02.2007, 13:52: Message edited by: mackstress ]

Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible to listen to "That's Just The Way It Is" and take completely the opposite message from it though, Etienne. I know I did.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC