This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » I'm a-shaved 4 U

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm a-shaved 4 U
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crikey. I wonder if she was losing it anyway, or if it's just an impulse? She looks a bit Alien 3, anyway.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Alien 3. It's a better look than the underwear-and-bikini combo that was all over Metro this week. Put me right off my cornflakes, that did.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alien 3 my hole.

-

-

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She looks quite good in a Portmanesque way in that picture there, but if you see the other shots it's not so hot. She has most of the characteristics necessary for a good bald look - strong symmetrical features, nice eyes, decent head shape - but the ones taken from the front reveal the kind of lumpy forehead that looks rugged under stubble on tough guys, but just a bit horrible on women. Makes her look like a baby-faced removal man.

More to the point, I don't know if she'd destroyed her hair with dye to the point where it was dropping out, but she's clearly "losing it" badly in the other sense. A lot of people are speculating that this is a way of getting round the drug testing required to keep custody of her kids, so she has no hair longer than 3mm anywhere on her body - but a.) she didn't do the eyebrows, and b.) they can legally order you to let some hair grow and come back in a month, you know. I think it's just the usual cry-for-help / demon-purging thing, the simultaneous seeking and denying of attention that's common in anyone having a breakdown, and celebrities trebly so. The fact that she's supposed to be on a battery of prescription drugs right now probably has something to do with it (she wouldn't be the first to succumb to that combination of gloom and impulsivity associated with psychotropic poly-pharmacy), as well the crack or whatever the hell it is she's into. Nasty.

It's weird, I can never usually understand the appeal of celebrity gossip - it completely leaves me cold in every way - but when I get started I can't stop. Back to "Conversations With Stalin" by Milovan Djilas, I think. Oh, no - "Match Of The Day" has started.

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're posting again, Taylor.

I didn't quite get why having the hair cut is related to drug testing and custody - why is that?

Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can analyse your hair to see if you've been ingesting narcotics lately. They did it to Christoph Daum when he was about to take the Germany managerial job in 2000 and his name was constantly being linked to cocaine stories.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

Really? I didn't know that, cheers Dr S.
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lovely, Britney. as above, so below.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at the picture, and am subsequently speechless.

I wonder if this was the video.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The News Of The World is concerned and supportive, obviously. It does seem a bit like she's reached the tether's end, I thought it might just be a fashion decision at first.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
JV - The poor bastard who married that psycho. Although, they didn't actually say that they went through with the wedding.

I wonder if Britney is trying to imitate Demi. Are there any three year old movie stars around?

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that one of the true tests of a woman's facial beauty is if she can get away with having a completely shaven head. See Sinead O'Connor for the perfect example, Natalie Portman or also ...errr... that chick in the first Star Trek movie*. (Apologies for the temporary regression to teen-crapness, there!)

There's other examples, too, but those are the first that spring to mind.

If you can get away with the bald look, you can pretty much get away with any hairstyle.

The reverse of these is also true, of course and thus it goes to show that Britney is undeniably a bit of a dog, really! Amazing how a school uniform and/or a bit of blonde hair can blind some people, isn't it?

(edit: * - Persis Khambatta. (I might have known she would be from somewhere on the Indian subcontinent! Dead, sadly. Died of a heart attack at the age of 47. A former Miss India. IMDB bio here, fwiw.)

[ 18.02.2007, 17:08: Message edited by: evilC ]

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The reverse of these is also true, of course and thus it goes to show that Britney is undeniably a bit of a dog, really!
I've been saying this for years. I remember seeing her picture on the cover of a kids magazine a few years ago. She wasn't wearing a lot of makeup and I thought she looked quite ordinary (to put it nicely). I had a friend at the time who drooled over her and I didn't get it. He finally admitted that it was just the school uniform.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

I suppose the problem is, evilC, you never know if you can get away with it until you've tried it, and it's a bit late by then.
Femme Folle
Member # 25

I've seen my face often enough with my wet hair combed back to know that shaving it all off would not be advisable. I don't even like the way my face looks without my fringe.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC