This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Right Wing Rock (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Right Wing Rock
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taylor, thanks for your commie lies - priceless.
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ah wow! You've met Antopolski? Or at least seen him live?
He's a fairly unremarkable middle-ranking comedian, isn't he? I mean, I'm not saying he's no good, but when I saw him nothing stuck with me. There's nothing mystical or elusive about him as far as I know.

He was bad in Hyperdrive, of course, but everyone was bad in Hyperdrive.

Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but you would say that.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not having a go at him, he was better than most, he just didn't seem extraordinary in any way.

Mind you, come to think of it when I saw him he was with two other blokes under the banner The Dinks.

Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuckin' ell...
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before this thread dies, surely the most ferally conservative man in the history of rock must have recorded something worth including. Sadly I can't come up with anything by Ted Nugent which fits the bill, I'm sure it's there somewhere though.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought of Nugent. The Beastie Boys rated him, although I don't know if it ws musically or just as due to his cult weirdness. Of course his stuff with the Amboy Dukes is great, but I imagine none of those songs really goes into politics.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Schadenfreude
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone mentioned Chelsea's dreadful anthem 'Right to Work?' which if I remember correctly was written in 1977 in response to a long running strike by (mostly south asian) female photo processing workers demanding equal pay with their white male colleagues?
I feel ripped of, yeah
Hey, what about you?
Where was I born
What are we gonna do?

Later when unemployment was really bad the singer later tried to palm it off as being anti-Thatcher, but failed. although he was regarded as something of a hero by the oi oi Bushy arsehole brigade.

Otherwise shame Taylor is excluding Christian lunacy, otherwise there would have to be a place for something by the amazing Pastor John Rydgren.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Pastor John, but he's a Christian hippy rather than a Christian fascist, isn't he? There was a Ted Nugent track someone suggested, but the only copy I could get hold of was such bad quality you couldn't hear the words. It wasn't entertaining rubbish, anyway.

VTT - thanks for reminding me about "Time For Truth", I would have forgotten that one.

Here's another nice track which is obviously completely unsuitable for this project, but probably worth hearing:

Red Shadow - Understanding Marx

US commie-hippies' mid-70s attempt to reposition communism as a kind of hipper version of Christianity (which, cynics might say, it sort of is), complete with testimonies from those whose lives have been touched by Lenin (I think there's an element of tongue-in-cheek about this, but it's impossible to be completely sure). Not a chart hit, for some reason.

[ 22.02.2007, 22:45: Message edited by: Taylor ]

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re. "Anfield Rap" - at Goodison, unfortunately, the crowd *threw* bananas.
Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The credits song in Star Trek:Entreprise sounds suspiciously fuzzy right-wing....
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy Newman has loads of right-wing songs, if you take them at face-value: "Rednecks", "It's Money That I Love", "The World Isn't Fair", "Sail Away", "Political Science" etc.

Actually, Rednecks is a vicious song, even accepting the irony involved.

Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Believe on Songs For Drella is an explicit advocacy of capital punishment for the mentally ill by Lou Reed - albeit with a large degree of provocation!

"I believe life’s serious enough for retribution
I believe being sick is no excuse and -
I believe I would’ve pulled the switch on her myself"

Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The question is, would he have pulled the switch on him himself during one of his many documented episodes of mental illness?
Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just remembered: re. "Dreadlock Holiday", the really dodgy bit isn't the actual song, dubious though it is, but the advert for the album it came from, "Bloody Tourists", which had a black Royal Guardsman (I mean an actual one, not one of the ones who did "Snoopy Vs The Red Baron") and the slogan "Bloody tourists get everywhere".

I don't give a fuck if it was meant to be "ironic": truly horrific, especially considering that the National Front had reached such critical mass that the Tories were peddling rhetoric intended entirely to get NF defectors back on side.

[ 23.02.2007, 21:09: Message edited by: Robin Carmody ]

Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC