This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Feist

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feist
What's the rumpus?
Member # 752

- posted      Profile for What's the rumpus?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was going to say I saw 'them' in Brighton last night but it's hard not to think of Feist as just 'her'.

I was far more impressed with the live Feist than with the few tracks I had heard.

On stage she has an edge and is funny and dry. Feist's voice is wonderful but most impressive is her control.

She manages to suggest a voice that can do anything, transform itself at will, while keeping the tricks under control. At times she sounded like Kristin Hersh.

She mostly played the new album which sounded better than the old stuff but I guess that counts as faint praise.

[ 17.04.2007, 17:33: Message edited by: What's the rumpus? ]

Posts: 907 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ibex Trounce
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Ibex Trounce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to her new album.

On other Broken Social Scene-related matters, I'm glad to see that the Emily Haines/Soft Skeleton album is finally getting a UK release in June. Absolute bloody masterpiece.

Posts: 1319 | From: helm hard-a-port | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's happening to this board? At least three people would have started a Faust tribute thread by now two years ago.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Faust are playing soon. June 3rd and 13th (I think). I picked up a flyer at the Cluster gig, the other night.

I am not a hippy.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!

Come on Clive - without Krautrock there'd be no synth pop or post punk.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know - I'm belatedly realising this.

Daniel Miller was at the gig, the other night. I resisted the temptation to drunkenly accost him. However, the between-bands tape that they were playing contained some great electropunk that really reminded me of The Normal et al, yet also seemed to touch on Krautrock. I've no idea what it was, but it was brilliant.

Thomas Fehlmann was there, too, plus another bloke I recognised, but couldn't put a name to. Also, to my surprise, there were more than a dozen women there! Krautrock always strikes me as quite a male-dominated arena. I guess that with electropop becoming truly emancipated in the last decade or two, the level playing-field, gender-wise, is spreading out from there.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SFJ on Feist in the New Yorker.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm disappointed in Ms. Feist.

It seems that every single one of her songs has been used in some sort of ad. I can't listen to her music without thinking of after shave, iPods or cars. I've had to stop listening to it.

Sell out.

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Feist in Toronto Life
Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ibex, I kind of wished that Haines would return to Metric, that was one of the good local acts you could always count on in Montreal.
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC