This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Montt Mardie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Montt Mardie
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Inspired by GIK, I was checking out the Lucky Soul tour dates and it turns out the above named are the support act.

Knowing nothing about them (actually, it seems to be a him rather than a them), I checked out the mySpace page and blow me if it's not some of the most fantastic new music I've heard in ages.

Too Many Songs Unwritten, Set Sail Tomorrow and, in particular, The Windmill Turns have, on first listen at least, left me absolutely rapt, and actually quite excited. I think I could fall in love with this music.

Fantasictally joyous, soulful, camp pop music - and quite reminiscent of Orlando, I reckon. I love it.

Anyone share my enthusiasm?

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm... the first few strains of 'too many songs..' is brilliant, but then the vocals start and I cringe.

Pilot was nauseating, but Set Sail and The Windmill are pretty good (in a Divine Comedy way).

Maybe this is something that I'll have to listen to a few time to really appreciate, but it isn't terrible.

More importantly, I know how I feel when I stumble across something that I think it completely ace and can't wait to hear more of, so I'm happy for you on that count.

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC