This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Couldn't care less (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Couldn't care less
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Great tunes

Not the reedy crap I was forced to endure that night.
Seriously, everyone at the table went, 'what the fuck is that shite?'.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it was one of their most recent efforts.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy, it's what's played in the waitingroom by the shore of river Styx, where you wait for Charon to ferry you over to the other side where Phil Collins' "In the Air" is played in one endless loop.

In other words, it's torture

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
And at the other side the ferryman takes your coin, puts it into the devil's jukebox and plays World in Motion on loop for eternity.

Aerosmith.

Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great post by Not me, boss earlier with regards to Turin Breaks. Can't say I know any songs by them but I've been less that overcome by the blandness once or twice on TV.

Willie Nelson
Nick Cave
PJ Harvey

Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Until last week I would have said PJ Harvey too, but her new album is very good.

Aerosmith are a bunch of laughable old wankers. Rubbish band.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ah, but are they boring?
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

They certainly bore the tits off me.
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aerosmith ruled in the 1970s. Their most recent stuff is terrible but listen to Rocks before dismissing them altogether.

Bloc Party. I bought their album. I don't think I've listened to it all the way through. It's not bad, it's just nothing

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fratellis for same reason as above. Listened to their album once. Havent been near it since.
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melbourne Arab
Member # 1389

- posted      Profile for Melbourne Arab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I mean, fair play to them for extracting money from the grown-up pop kids for over 20 years now, but you have to wonder how.
The last 2 albums are shite but Technique is brilliant even if Barney is no Billy MacKenzie.

The Flaming Lips manage to make great records with poor singing and then you've got Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Lou Reed...

Posts: 854 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steveeeeeeeee
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for steveeeeeeeee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, PJ Harvey is a bit harsh, I really liked her first album when it came out.
Posts: 4370 | From: Portas de Benfica | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I presume we're going to let PPV wallow in his cesspit of wrongness without being so rude as to point at him.

Texas, Travis and Norah Jones would certainly count in the great list of shoulder-shrugging indifference inducers, but Dido wouldn't. As bad as Blunt, for my money, and for similar reasons. In fact, we had a fantastic thread on the reasons why some years ago that I'd love to read again if someone could find it.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belle and Sebastian was a good call.

About a year ago someone gave me an album by a Scottish band called Ballboy because they thought I might like it.

It sounded just like B&S - nothing music. When I put it on I started to read something at the same time and not a note of the music disturbed me. It had been finished quite a while before I realised it wasn't on - it had no more effect on me than the silence.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Purple Cow
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for The Purple Cow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Hobbes has nailed it there, I think. Alt. Country might be the most pH neutral genre ever developed..."

Maybe so, but Wilco are not an alt-country band, not sure that they ever were.

Posts: 5801 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC