This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The Top 100 Canadian Albums (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Top 100 Canadian Albums
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Broken Social Scene are at number 28, Toro.

Where are Chromeo? Where is Tiga?

Good point, I'd forgotten those two were Canadians. Chromeo deserve a thread of their own really.

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant no "Broken Social Scene" by Broken Social Scene.

And yes, it's a better album, by far, because it's got "It's All Gonna Break" on it, which alone makes it better than at least 99.97% of albums ever recorded.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone remember Images In Vogue, Blue Peter (the band), Platinum Blonde or Strange Advance? Excellent '80s stuff.
Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a non-CBC top 100 Canuck singles compiled by someone who's a couple of decades younger than Bob Mesereau. Still wouldn't satisfy Coffy (or me for that matter) but then these things are designed to piss people off.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where are :

images in vogue
strange advance
rational youth
blue peter
the dears
the kings
the weakerthans

on that list ?

Bah.

[edit] the list at the start of this thread I mean.

[ 19.10.2007, 16:48: Message edited by: Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard ]

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
d'oh - just saw WOM's post up there.
Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1538

Right - now that I've bothered to read the thread and had my memory jogged some I continue to be miffed at the absence of some brilliant talent.

WOM already mentioned Saga , but where is FM ? They should be on that list - and high up as well. Not even a mention of Nash The Slash.

Bah again.

Member # 1538

My gift to you : phasors on stun

and (poor audio alert) live performance of the same song

Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some quality Canadian candy for eyes and ears...

Chromeo - "Needy Girl"
Peaches feat Iggy Pop - "Kick It"
Tiga feat Jake Shears - "You Gonna Want Me"
Gonzales - "Take Me To Broadway"

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite current local bands from Montreal, Pas Chic Chic:

http://www.paschicchic.com/audio/tes_cliches_declenches.mp3

Quebec had a pretty rich garage scene, there were plenty of gems that would easily make the list. Not the best entry from that group but a sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tEHwQOgTA4

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toxteth O'Grady
Member # 943

- posted      Profile for Toxteth O'Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
corduroy-souled cunt

Heh, brilliant.

Posts: 518 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good shout from SR on The Hidden Cameras - three brilliant albums' worth of homo-scatological doo-woop heartbreakers.

No Be Good Tanyas either? True, they sound more like they're from a small town in South Carolina, but you can't geographically limit influences in the internet age.

And only one Stan Rogers album. That's like having your top 100 Scottish albums and only one in there by Edwyn Collins/Orange Juice. Hmm, top 100 Scottish albums. Have we done that one yet?

Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In truth the Tanyas are mostly about one (really great) song, I don't know if you could say they had a great album.

(+welcome back imp been awhile.)

Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Constellation Records, you asshole.
Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy C
Member # 51

- posted      Profile for Andy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you get to my age the eyesight starts failing, so I can't see Kate and Anna McGarrigle anywhere, let alone right towards the top where their first album naturally resides.

If it had been up to me I'd have had Madame Bolduc on the list, but that's just me. And then there's magnificent Cape Breton fiddle music from Buddy MacMaster and the like - the best Scottish traditional fiddle music comes from Cape Breton Island these days. And Quebecois stuff like La Bottine Souriante. And...

Posts: 8328 | From: Hampstead Norreys no more | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC