This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Can't we just fucking nuke Manchester? I mean what is Mark E Smith actually for? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Can't we just fucking nuke Manchester? I mean what is Mark E Smith actually for?
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2. 'Theme From Sparta FC #2' "the music off the footy results" and a brilliant revenge fantasy penned by Smith warning English soccer hooligans who "mug old ladies in the paper shop" to stay at home lest they be dealt with by the legendary 300.

"English Chelsea fan! This is your last game! We're not Galatassary! We are Sparta FC-ah!

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After Middle Class Revolt I tend to gravitate towards certain eras of the fall.

Perverted By Language is very good from 83, then the period 88-92 is strong with The Frenz Experiment then Extricate and Code : Selfish. Leave out the poor I Am A Kurious Oranj though.

After that the 1997-2000 period was quite fruitful too, I like all of Levitate, The Marshall Suite and The Unutterable.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3. 'Hit The North' The best of their tiny clutch of hits.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

4. 'Blindness' off their massively underrated 'Fall Heads Roll' album from two years ago. The heaviest thing they've ever recorded.
Member # 730

5. 'Container Drivers' (Peel Session). Well, obviously, it's the definitive version.
Butterhook
Member # 664

- posted      Profile for Butterhook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bend Sinister is the one for me. Heavy bass, just enough Brix and some top notch pop insults thrown in the direction of the Velvets obsessed 80s indie scene: 'You couldn't tell Lou Reed from Doug Yule.'

Sadly, after 20 years of irregular attendance, I've withdrawn my custom from the Fall live experience until they get rid of the video artist twat.

Posts: 907 | From: Caldmore Green | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

I think he's wicked.
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I managed to pare it down to 35. Surprisingly I seem to be in agreement with Carcass on a few.

1977 –1982

Rebellious Jukebox – Live at the Witch Trials
No Xmas for John Quays - at the Witch Trials
In My Area – single b side included on Dragnet CD reissue
Flat of Angles – Dragnet
Container Drivers – Peel Sessions
New Face In Hell – Live in London 1980 (aka Legendary Chaos Tape)
That Man – Totale’s Turns
Leave the Capitol - Slates
Jawbone and the Air Rifle – Peel Sessions
Iceland – Hex Enduction Hour

1983-87
Smile – Perverted By Language
Hey Marc Riley! – live bootleg unreleased
Spoiled Victorian Child – This nation’s Saving Grace
Cruiser’s Creek – single included on CD reissue of above album
Mr Pharmacist – single included on CD reissue of above
ROD – Bend Sinister

1988 – 1997
Bill Is Dead – Extricate
Edinburgh Man – Shift Work
The Book of Lies – Shift Work
Kimble – Peel Session
Why Are People Grudgeful – single
The Joke - Cerebral Caustic
Life Just Bounces – Cerebral Caustic
Glam Racket/Star/Lost In Music – Live the 27 Points
15 Ways to leave your man – Live 15 ways to Leave your man
ESP Disco – Oxymoron (alt version of Psychic Dancehall opening track on Dragnet)

1998- present
Ketamine Sun – The Unutterable
Pumpkin Soup and mashed potatoes – The Unutterable
70s Night (with Edwyn Collins) – A World Bewitched
Green Eyed Loco man – Real New Fall LP
Ride Away – Fall Heads Roll
What about us –Fall Heads Roll
Wrong place/I can hear the Grass grow – Peel session

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Fiery Jack or How I Wrote Elastic Man? Cloth-eared fool.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could have picked 35 from 77-82 Tim but I felt obliged to spread it a little.
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

I'm out of step with your 88 - 97 selection but the rest is spot on.

I'd have the 'Totale's Turns' live version of 'No Xmas For John Quays' where he bollocks the hapless drummer half way through for doing a half-arsed fill. "Can you not just fucking play it instead of showing off?"

Spock na Escada
Member # 47

Good call. There's a great live take on 'Rebellious Jukebox' too - but I'm blowed if I can remember which album it's on.
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EXIT THIS ROMAN SHELL!
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
God I love the Fall. All time favourites of all time are probably, to be honest, a clutch from the early 80s, when I was a Fall obsessive. Something along the lines of New Face, Totally Wired, Container Drivers, Middlemass, City Hobgoblins. The last-mentioned is a good candidate for Best B-side Ever.

Sorry Purv, you're wrong on this. Away to fuck, and take your Neff albums with you.

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It must be great to be into The Fall. None of this waiting around for three or four years between albums nonsense. If there's one you don't like then don't worry, there'll be another one along soon. And Mark E. Smith will just never stop, will he? He'll be choking out lyrics as he writhes on his death bed.

[ 20.12.2007, 15:37: Message edited by: Major Eazy ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC