This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Inappropriate floor fillers for weddings. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Inappropriate floor fillers for weddings.
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's time for a thread about, you know, songs that everybody gets up and dances to because it is a great tune, but when you listen more closely to the lyrics...... I'm thinking wongs that are inappropriate for weddings.

To kick off Young hearts Run Free.

I don't have access to my laptop, so if someone could pop this one up on yousendit, and carry on the chain.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was asked for 'Band Of Gold' by the groom's aunty at his wedding reception.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, "Band Of Gold" owns this thread.

But it's such a great tune!

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The two odd ones I always hear are Every Breath You Take (a song about stalking) and Careless Whisper (a song about infidelity).
Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you've also got things like "Don't Marry Her" by The Beautiful South and "Kiss The Bride" by Elton John and "Shotgun Wedding" by Roy C and "Up The Junction" by Squeeze and "Tunnel Of Love" by Fun Boy Three and "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." by Tammy Wynette, but they're not what you'd really call floorfillers.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at a wedding a few years ago and the DJ played 'I Knew The Bride When She Used To Rock And Roll' by Nick Lowe. (The groom was a big fan of all that late-1970s Stiff Records/pub rock stuff.)
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
statto99
Member # 82

- posted      Profile for statto99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't Leave Me This Way"?
Posts: 6605 | From: the Mission Bell to the Deep Blue Sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Will Survive (more of a later-in-the-disco tune than a first dance, obviously)
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If band of Gold owns this thread, Billy Idol's 'White Wedding' has kidnapped it, dosed it with Rohipnol and is serial raping it in basement somewhere 'Silence of the Lambs' stylee.
And it's a floor filler.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually rocked the first slow dance after the couple's dance with 'Let's Stick Together' by Al Green without really thinking about the context of the lyrics.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mate had Young Guns Go For It played at his wedding. If I ever get married, I'll have Stupid Marriage by The Specials at mine.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark e
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for mark e     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too Much Too Young - The Specials.

(edit : doh !)

[ 20.12.2007, 15:24: Message edited by: mark e ]

Posts: 1616 | From: Bristol | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danger Mouse
Member # 111

- posted      Profile for Danger Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Love Will Tear Us Apart at a wedding once, which quite amused me.
Posts: 2176 | From: Baker Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"You're Gorgeous" must be in with a shout here.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Thrill is Gone
Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC