This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » I've posted about this before.... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I've posted about this before....
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyway, cards on the table: It's So Easy is, for me, their best song by a country mile. Welcome To The Jungle comes in a whisker behind that
Sorry, but... no, too pedantic.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a fat whisker. This is rock we're talking about here.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, no love for the Use Your Illusions here then?

I always going to post that you could make that standard White Album or Tusk cliche about there being a brilliant single album in amongst the filler.

But I've just checked the track listings, and it's nonsense from start to finish. Maybe You ould Be Mine is alright, and the Estranged video was enjoyably crackers, but the rest...

Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just read Slash's autobiography. There was an extract in Observer Music Monthly when it came out, which had a great story about him and Traci Lords. Unfortunately the book doesn't really live up to the promise of that anecdote. Slash is not the most self-aware of people; in fact his world view is unchanged since he turned 13:

I like to drink, I like girls, I like guitars

I agree with just about everyone else - I recall being very excited about Use Your Illusion coming out: it had been a good three years since GnR broke the UK, and You Could Be Mine was the lead single. What a disappointment. I don't think I even bought it in the end.

Or so I thought. Then I read the tracklisting on Wikipedia. It's not as good as the other two albums, but I reckon you could make a decent EP out of it at least.

Anyway, a top 10

It's so easy
Mr Brownstone
Paradise City
Nightrain
Used to love her
You could be mine
You're crazy
Double talking jive
Out ta get me
Get in the ring

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC