This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Jesus...bands you're glad you saw, but the experience was a bit of a let down. (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jesus...bands you're glad you saw, but the experience was a bit of a let down.
Sgt. Pinback
Member # 987

- posted      Profile for Sgt. Pinback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Roxy Music in 1980ish.

I'm glad I saw them but had no interest in seeing them again - I don't think I every really got it with that lot.

Posts: 3144 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:Stone Roses, Wembley Arena, Christmas 1995. Brown at his barking worst and Squire soloing to infinity.

Did you catch the support band?

Sure did, SR, and they were undoubtedly better than the main act. The Manics were certainly in a weird place at that time, and I wasn't a hardcore fan by any means, despite having (for my sins) loved selected moments - Motorcycle, Life Becoming A Landslide, etc, Wire's gobshite moments always put me off nailing my colours fully to their flag.

All this means that although I was aware that this series of gigs was of huge significance given the circumstances, I wasn't taking it all in: obviously I knew this was a major risk/rebirth for the Richeyless band, despite that I suspect I in all my ignorance might have written them off. In the event, they rocked, nervously. I was taken aback by what they did next, though.

[ 31.01.2008, 23:56: Message edited by: Auntie Beryl ]

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GIK
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for GIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe...it was c. 1991 ish...in London. Essentially a Chilton plus the Posies gig that was basically a Big Star set.
Posts: 5389 | From: Cheshire with Love | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC