This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Acts we all dislike (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: Acts we all dislike
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veto Pearl Jam and RHCP.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veto for Snow Patrol. I quite enjoyed parts of their first 3 albums.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll veto Kula Shaker. There's no doubting that they were a dreadful bunch of silly arses, but that first album of theirs has some cracking tunes in it, albeit amongst some awful guff.

Can I nominate an entire genre? If I can, I'll suggest Volksmusik. If not, I'll take Heino, in a representative capacity.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hereby nominate Mariah Carey, and indeed anyone who goes in for those vocal gymnastics.
Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for skipping you nominations (Jamiroquai, Westlife and Sting).

I'll veto the Spice Girls -- there was some cracking pop music behind the objectionable act. And I'll save Dido as well. Surprised that nobody has nominated Coldplay yet. And I'll endorse that fucking Nazi-favourite Heino.

Kid Rock
Michael Bolton
50 Cent (1 veto)
Skrewdriver
Peter Andre
Jet
Nickelback
M People (1 veto)
James Blunt (1 veto)
Kula Shaker (1 veto)
Boyzone
Puddle of Mudd
Craig David
P Diddly
Joss Stone
Phil Collins (1 veto)
Eddie Money
Celine Dion
Kenny G
Bette Middler
John Tesh (who is that?)
Au Pairs (1 veto)
Poison
Dido (1 veto)
Ocean Colour Scene
Limp Bizkit
Kate Nash (1 veto)
Razorlight
Sting
Jamiroquai
Westlife
Thompson Twins (1 veto)
Heino
Mariah Carey (1veto)

Exempted by two vetoes or more:
R Kelly (booo!)
INXS
Queen
Madness
Elton John
Stereophonics
Pearl Jam
The Darkness
Snow Patrol
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Spice Girls
Towers of London

Edited to reflect ant's nomination of Mariah Carey, and my instant veto on strength of Carey's Christmas song and "Always Be My Baby".

[ 03.02.2008, 19:55: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie1Foot
Member # 18

- posted      Profile for Willie1Foot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll veto Jamiroquai for 'Seven Days In Sunny June' and it's aspirational lyrics:

"Drinking wine and killing time
Sitting in the summer sun"

Posts: 3221 | From: the shores of Botany Bay | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Member # 10292

- posted      Profile for Kowalski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veto for the Spice Girls, cracking pop music behind the objectionable act.

Bit like saying "well, at least Mussolini got the trains to run on time"

Posts: 595 | From: People's Republic of Llandudno | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck were Madness with even a mention in this thread? Are you mad, man?

Veto from me for Celine Dion who, as I mentioned elsewhere, I believe to be a twat not a cunt. Veto also for Peter Andre, who appears to be quite a likeable twat to me. And a final veto, for Razorlight, who I think are kind of a Good Thing because I see them as a fifth division Manics.

Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But do you like the music of Celine Dion and Peter Andre, Pants?
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think about it, I'll veto Ocean Colour Scene as well, because I quite like The Day We Caught The Train.

Even though I hated the rest of that album I bought on the back of it, the criterion of this thread is unremitting shiteness, so I am reluctantly forced to speak in favour of their reprieve.

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Your Own Personal Jihad
Member # 1595

- posted      Profile for Your Own Personal Jihad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Veto the Thompson Twins, I loved 'Wishing' quite liked 'Space Age Love Song', and thought 'I Ran' was ok.

Nominate; Michael Buble and Katie Melua.

[ 03.02.2008, 21:01: Message edited by: Your Own Personal Jihad ]

Posts: 147 | From: Between a rock and a hard funk. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Your Own Personal Jihad
Member # 1595

- posted      Profile for Your Own Personal Jihad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"well, at least Mussolini got the trains to run on time"

He didn't, that's a myth.

Posts: 147 | From: Between a rock and a hard funk. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

Are you sure you're not getting them confused with A Flock Of Seagulls?

Love On Your Side is enough to get them off the hook, though.

You know, this thread illustrates why the death penalty is not a good idea.

[ 03.02.2008, 21:14: Message edited by: Alderman Barnes ]

rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What the fuck were Madness with even a mention in this thread? Are you mad, man?
I always hated them, even when I was 14 and was personally into UFO and Saxon. Their wacky outfits, shit music, soft right wing politics. The worst thing was every nob end in school was into them

The only good thing about them was Suggs grew up in Haverfordwest, sadly it isnt enough

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm vetoing Sting and running for cover.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC