This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » The lead singer out of Hard-Fi is 35 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The lead singer out of Hard-Fi is 35
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've met her. Up close, you can definitely tell. I might even have guessed 45.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim Burgess looked like Lux Interior's prematurely aging father at the NME awards the other night.

Had I guessed his age, I would have said 50 ( I think he's actually 40).

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burgess's hair is extraordinary right now. A real 'wtf?' moment.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's to cover up or distract from the fact his face is now that of a B-movie zombie.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nico Rijnders
Member # 930

- posted      Profile for Nico Rijnders     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moved to L.A, innit? Too much sun.
Posts: 1063 | From: Go Ahead, 1969. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My people, right or wrong".

The worst five words in the English language, in that order.

Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, a welcome and typical dose of perspective.

C&c;

"A thousand points of light"

"no such thing as society"

"constitute an axis of evil"

"Tiber, foaming with much blood"

"Fuck your Mum, you cunt"

[ 03.03.2008, 22:24: Message edited by: The peak of El Toro-quino ]

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alania Vladikavkaz Satie
Member # 1570

- posted      Profile for Alania Vladikavkaz Satie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"When did you leave Newcastle"?
Posts: 1754 | From: The Magic Carpet. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Toro has some contenders. But I did not intend the statement to be taken entirely literally. And if absolutely nobody ever in the history of the world had ever said, or thought, "My people right or wrong" (or a variant phrase) there would have been far less war and far less bigotry. That cannot be denied. It applies to all such situations, rather than applying only to one as Toro's Enoch Powell reference does.
Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Robin on this one - as a sentiment "My people, right or wrong" applies frighteningly often, and is, in my opinion, at the root of a lot of the worst kind of behaviour and decisions.

[ 04.03.2008, 07:25: Message edited by: Jimski ]

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

Yes, but this is Julie Burchill. any combination of words she uses is terrible.

[ 04.03.2008, 09:46: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented"

-- Charles Haughey, 1982

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was Haughey talking about Celine Dion there?
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The McArthur case actually fascinated me when I was a small child. I remember wondering why the Sex Pistols manager had been arrested for murdering a nurse in the Phoenix Park.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tim Burgess looked like Lux Interior's prematurely aging father at the NME awards the other night.
Heh! Nice imagery, Harry. Made me chuckle.

quote:
more importantly, Allison Goldfrapp is 42 this year. 42!!
Firstly, let me say that there is nothing wrong with 42. ...of course. Secondly, a few years back (errr... in about 2000, actually) I went to the Mute label bash 'Irregular #9' and Alison Goldfrapp was one of the early evening DJs (after Daniel Miller) in the main bar area - just a couple of decks on a trestle table, basically. While she was on the decks, I went up to her and asked if I could take her photo. She reluctantly but demurely agreed. She had some flesh on her, back then (which I think suited her) and she looked very nice, sans-make-up and dressed down, but yeah - I could tell she was about the same age as me, even then. I ought to emphasise that I am not a Goldfrapp fetishist! On the contrary - that skinny phase she went through was just ...disturbing, given how nice she had looked those few years before. All just IMHO, though, I suppose.
Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC